Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CoDeSys 3.0 benefits?

Wizard
2007-02-19
2013-10-07
  • Wizard - 2007-02-19

Hello All!

My company is going to use CoDeSys version 3.0. I would like to know what is the benefits of such upgrade? What is really new and importing in this version? I would like to know about every detail.

Thank you in advance!

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2007-02-19

Hi,

in fact it is hard to describe all benefits in brief.

Thus we have prepared a seperated website http://www.enter-the-next-level.com where you find a lot of information. But this is not all.

I would recommend to registrate for a download of CoDeSys 3.0 and try it yourself. But please note that CoDeSys 3.0 is not just an update or upgrade but a completely new development. Thus the first approach might be a little strange, but after you have got the idea to work with it you will find out the benefits.

• Wizard - 2007-02-19

Thank you a lot!

Actually we have already CoDeSys RTE for our own controller adapted (NucleusOS). Therefore I would like to know should we do all the work from the scratch to adapt version 3.0 to our controller?

Also I need to know if it worth to buy new version? How do you think?

Probably I should also forward question about the price of 3.0 version to someone. Could you please recommend me someone?

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2007-02-20

Always happy to server you !

In fact the work to adapt the new CoDeSys 3.0 runtime system is somehow once again the same as for the CoDeSys 2.3 runtime system. But of course your experience would speed it up considerably.

In case you recently bought the Runtime Development Package for CoDeSys 2.3 we will take this into account for the Runtime Development Package for CoDeSys 3.0.

Concerning the pricing please contact our Partner company Prolog under e i.petrov@prolog-plc.ru e or our International Sales Manager Mr. Philippe under e d.philippe@3s-software.com e .

In general there is no major change in the pricing policy from CoDeSys 2.3 to CoDeSys 3.0.

There is something I could recommend in order to get more information on CoDeSys 3.0 which might help you at your evaluation:

http://www.prolog-plc.ru/.

• Igor Petrov - 2007-02-20

In addition see an article about OOP extensions for IEC61131-3 - one of the central features in 3.0.

In English.

Íà ðóññêîì.

• Wizard - 2007-02-21

Thank you a million for the provided info!

I will take a look at this articles.

But you know what is the thing i would like to have additional in function blocks: read/write properties. VAR_IN_OUT is not suitable for my purposes .

Anyway, thanks again.

Igor, probably we will meet in May in Smolensk once again .

• Lawrence - 2010-08-25

Hello,

The website http://www.enter-the-next-level.com seems to direct now to the CoDeSys frontpage. Is the same information or more specifically information of the differences between V2.3 and V3.X still somewhere easily available?

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2010-08-26

We have merged the websites some time ago. For a detailed overview on the differences you can contact me.

• opa177 - 2013-10-06

Company is mainly using codesys V2(2.3.9.) I'm doing some research in benefits of V3(3.5.2.). I'm new to both of them so now i'm just getting into everything. I would like to know some major differences in those two. I would like to test the differences with some examples and show in which cases it is better to use V3.
    Thank you for the information.

• TimvH

TimvH - 2013-10-07

Go to http://www.codesys.com/the-system.html
    Then click on the Tab "Versions".
    On this page you can find a link to a document with a comparison.

• opa177 - 2013-10-07

Thank you. I was mainly exploring web visualization. What are the main benefits of using Java(V2) or html5(V3)?I tried to connect with my smartphone via wireless and open webvisu.htm and access my plc. It's working. Is it working also in V2?

• TimvH

TimvH - 2013-10-07

No. V2 uses Java Applets which are (normally) not supported by smartphones and . V3 is based on HTML5 which is supported by (most) standard browsers, but also smartphones/.