Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to use ScriptObjectFactories?

2012-09-07
2012-09-17
  • Frank Jepsen - 2012-09-07

Hi,

In the script engine documentation for V3.5 SP1 Patch 2, I have noticed that a script object factory object is present. Has anyone used this and is able to explain how to use it?

Under ISystem2 members I see a property called "factories", so one should be able to use

system.factories

as an entry point. However, when I try this I get the following error:

Zitat:
    [INFORMATION] test.py(8): Begin of script
    [INFORMATION] test.py(8): system.factories
    [INFORMATION] test.py(8): exception (<type 'exceptions.standarderror'="">, StandardError('Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.',), <traceback object="" at="" 0x0000000000000034="">)
    [INFORMATION] test.py(8): exception (<type 'exceptions.standarderror'="">, StandardError('Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.',), <traceback object="" at="" 0x0000000000000035="">)
    [INFORMATION] test.py(8): Return from script
    [INFORMATION] test.py(8): system.factories</traceback></type></traceback></type>

Regards,
    Frank

• Anonymous - 2012-09-07

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, Frank,

I tried your example, and actually, you found a bug.

I filed the bug into our Jira system as CDS-30637, and fixed it.

The fix is currently scheduled for the next service pack (V3.5 SP2).

Thank you for your feedback!

Markus Schaber

• Frank Jepsen - 2012-09-09

Hi Marcus,

I will be looking forward to try out the feature in SP2 then.

It seems that there will be a lot of new features in the script engine in that version. The documentation in SP1 Patch 2 gives a taster, since it includes documentation for some of the objects that will first be available in SP2 Is SP2 still scheduled to be released during december 2012?

Regards,
    Frank

• Anonymous - 2012-09-17

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Yes, the current schedule for V3.5 SP2 is still mid-of-december 2012.