Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CoDeSys and Remote Connection

Dutch
2012-01-21
2023-08-17
  • Dutch - 2012-01-21

Have been trying unsuccessfully to have CoDeSys create a "Remote" Connection.

Wago 750-882 PFC
    Sierra Wireless Raven 3G cell router.
    Remote connections to 2 Access Points and Camera all work marvelously.

CoDeSys will not connect.

ie. The PLC is 300 miles away on a client's network and I want to change some code.

I go to Online>Communication Parameters; give it the correct IP Address. The Port Forwarding in the remote router is correct: Port 2455>>192.168.1.25

I changed the download timeout to 100000 ms.

All I ever get is Communication Error, #0, Logout Performed.

OK, fair enough, then I try to change the Gateway. All I ever get is " No Gateway with that address found"

Can anyone elaborate on what the setting for "Gateway" should be?

Thank you in advance.

Dutch
    e dutch@wiredboat.com e
    778-991-8360

• Insight - 2012-01-27

[quote="Dutch"]Have been trying unsuccessfully to have CoDeSys create a "Remote" Connection.

Wago 750-882 PFC
    Sierra Wireless Raven 3G cell router.
    Remote connections to 2 Access Points and Camera all work marvelously.

CoDeSys will not connect.

ie. The PLC is 300 miles away on a client's network and I want to change some code.

I go to Online>Communication Parameters; give it the correct IP Address. The Port Forwarding in the remote router is correct: Port 2455>>192.168.1.25

I changed the download timeout to 100000 ms.

All I ever get is Communication Error, #0, Logout Performed.

OK, fair enough, then I try to change the Gateway. All I ever get is " No Gateway with that address found"

Can anyone elaborate on what the setting for "Gateway" should be?

Thank you in advance.

Dutch
    e dutch@wiredboat.com e
    778-991-8360[/quote]

Gateway have to be "Local", then in "Communication Parameters" -> "New" choose "TCP/IP" -> OK. Then you have to enter IP in "address" field (real IP of remote router WAN/Internet port) or hostname (in case of e.g. dyndns usage), port ....I think you know what else

IMG: CommPar.PNG

• spfeif - 2012-03-03

I have no problems connecting to V23 devices through Digi cell modems over 3G. I set my timeouts for 20000 msec. You seem to be doing the right things. First off can you ping the device? If you can great but what about the port forwarding? I use port forwarding. It looks to me that via the gateway you are trying to connect to CellIP address which should be your Public Static? Ip address of the modem or you got over DHCP. The port you are trying to connect to the PLC is on 1201. So internally to your modem you have to map CellIP address:1201 to PLC address:1201. I think 1201 is the default?

Try changing your port forwarding to CellIP:1201 -> forwarded to LocalIP:1201. I bet it works.

OR port forwarding to CellIP:2455 -> forwarded to LocalIP:1200. I bet it works.

You set 2455 on the PLC as something? I think CoDeSys has a port number which I thought was like 1200. In other words like web pages are port 80 etc.. CoDeSys is attempting to connect to the IP address on the CoDeSys port which should be the default when you add a TCP/IP device in the communications list.

• slinky - 2012-06-24

I would like some help on this topic please.

The PLC is using V2.3 and has an Ethernet card.
    The Machine is running and I can get online by plugging in directly to the router and also over wireless, by setting my IP in the same subnet range i.e. 192.168.1.XX where the PLC is 192.168.1.12

The router has Lan, wireless and SIM capabilities.
    I have installed a fixed IP sim card.

I can also get online to the router (for settings) over the internet by inputting the SIM fixed IP in the address bar. 178.XXX.XXX.XXX

I am not sure of what settings to change (if any) on the PLC/Sycon setup and also the router to be able to get online.

Also. Is it normal that I would not be able to ping my SIM IP even though I can get online to it.

The PC I am using for testing has Norton running.

Any information I can find on this topic is regarding gaming or uses a PC at the remote location.
    All I want to do is leave this router on site and be able to access it over the internet.

I don't think this is impossible, I am just lacking in a bit of knowledge.

Any help would be graciously received.

IMG: Codesys Sycon Ethernet 2.png

IMG: Codesys Sycon Ethernet 3.png

IMG: Codesys Comms Param 1.png

IMG: Codesys Site Router 1.png

IMG: Codesys Site Router Port Fwd.png

• Dutch - 2012-06-24

It appears you don't have Port Forwarding set up in the Router. On the NAT>Virtual Servers Page.

• slinky - 2012-06-25

This is what I was hoping for some help on.

Am I right to understand that the site router should point to my WAN IP offsite/office?
    Then I also need to setup port fowarding offsite/office?

IMG: offsite router.png

IMG: site router 1.png

• slinky - 2012-06-25

Oh, and one other thing. Does the LAN IP range at the site have to match the Lan IP offsite i.e PLC-192.168.1.12 PC-192.168.1.100

• Dutch - 2012-06-26

Make a new server name
    External Port Start XXXX
    External Port End XXXX
    TCP or UDP or Both
    Internal Port Start XXXX
    Internal Port End XXXX
    IP Address 192.168.1.xx (The IP Address of your PLC)
    (Does not look correct in your last attachment)
    Point any web browser to the IP Address of your router as in:

173.192.168.34 AND the Port Number, so

173.192.168.34:502

(Fake numbers of course)

You should be able to access the PLC

• slinky - 2012-07-10

OK,

So I setup my router as described.

Port Forwarding for ports 1200-1299 to my local IP 192.168.1.12 (PLC IP Address)

What is meant by 'Point any web browser to the IP Address of your router'

I typed in the WAN IP of the router in my Browser address bar with the port number as decribed, by I get a general 'could not connect error'.

• jkopicz - 2018-11-09

I am having a similar issue. I am using a sierra wireless Airlink MP70 cellular modem that establishes a VPN tunnel to a VPN server on my network. I can ping the device, access the webvisu, but codesys 3.5 will not connect (codesys 2.3 will connect to a device on the VPN'd subnet).

My local PC IP subnet is 192.168.2.xxx, The device address is 192.168.13.55. Any ideas?

• wollvieh

wollvieh - 2019-04-05

Remote Option

IMG: 20190405_115501.jpg