Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Question on InstallTarget with /auto command line option

Anonymous
2005-04-04
2005-04-06
  • Anonymous - 2005-04-04

Originally created by: Alexander Lokotkov

Sorry, I am not sure that this is an appropriate forum for that kind of questions.

I have the tnf-file containing the following (our target ID value replaced with XXXXX).

[Targets]

Target1=fwio.trg,XXXXX

[Files]

In order to run the InstallTarget silently, I issue the following command from the bat-file:

"%CDSDIR%"\InstallTarget.exe d:\work\fwio\tsp\fwio.tnf /auto "%CDSDIR%\Targets\Fastwel"

where %CDSDIR% is an environment variable pointing to installtarget.exe location. The fwio.trg is located in d:\work\fwio\tsp.

But this command doesn't install our target ("%CDSDIR%\Targets\Fastwel" remains empty).

Could anyone please suggest the correct way to silently run the InstallTarget utility (in particular, from installshield script)?

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Lokotkov

• Sabine.Mack - 2005-04-06

To use enviroment variables you need the InstallTarget.exe with version 1.1.0.0. It is part of the CoDeSys V2.3.4.1 setup.

The options of InstallTarget are:

<path installtarget-exe=""> "<path *.tnf="" info-file="">" /auto [<install directory="">]</install></path></path>

If you want to use it in a Batch-File, this works:

"%CDSDIR%\InstallTarget.exe" d:\work\fwio\tsp\fwio.tnf /auto %CDSDIR%\Targets\Fastwel

(note the missing quotation marks)

If you want to use it in an InstallShield script, this works:

szCommand = '"' + TARGETDIR ^ 'InstallTarget.exe"';

szCmdLine = '"' + szTNFFile + '" /auto ' + szInstallDir;

if (LaunchAppAndWait (szCommand, szCmdLine, WAIT) < 0) then

MessageBox(@ERROR_INSTALLTARGET, SEVERE);

endif;

I hope that helps,

Sabine Mack

• Anonymous - 2005-04-06

Originally created by: Alexander Lokotkov

Thanks for your help. It works perfectly.