Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

HTML5 browser visu

eniacs
2019-11-03
2019-11-20
  • eniacs - 2019-11-03

Morning All;

I'm trying to display a camera's web page on the visu of codesys 3.5. The customer needs to see what the camera can see in order to setup registration on the machine. I've got the camera visible through firefox and chrome on the plc in windows, but through codesys, the browser only shows the first page of the camera. The actual video screen doesnt display, i believe it is using HTML5 or javascript or something which the broswer doesnt support.

Any ideas please to get this to display?

Thanks.

• m.prestel - 2019-11-05

Hello @eniacs,

have you tried displaying the webvisu in an internet explorer.
    CODESYS is using the .net webbrowser, which is based on the internet explorer.

Maybe you get additional information about some errors there.

Best regards,
    Marcel

• nothinrandom - 2019-11-20

Hey @m.prestel,

Have you been able to embed a local video into codesys? I'm able to display PDF, but no dice for mp4 files.

Thanks,

• m.prestel - 2019-11-20

Hello,

I only tried a local html site using a remote video, but I see no reason why this would not work with the video being a local file as well.
    If you only reference the mp4 directly, you will most likely be asked to download the file

Best regards,
    Marcel