Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys HMI SL on Wago PFC200 sooo slow

teichhei
2019-10-17
2019-11-12
  • teichhei - 2019-10-17

Hi,

I'm running a Demo of the HMI SL trying to combat the slowness of the web visu, especially the alarm manager with history enabled.
    I expected a very good response time on the touch screen but it takes sometimes 5-10 seconds to change page. A boolean with a feedback LED takes a few seconds to react, it's unusable. It is actually worse than the web visu.
    The connection manager has an orange update circle, couldn't find what that means. When I turn "always update" off it becomes worse.
    There are a lot of variables to update and I've removed all that are not required for the Visu.
    Anybody else with similar experiences or knows what I'm doing wrong here? Can't buy licenses unless there is a benefit. Since it is all running on a touch PC I thought page build ups and button pushes etc would be instant. Ish.

Kind Regards

Heinz

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-10-19

Hi,
    could you please check the plcload of the PFC.
    PLCshell -> plcload

BR
    Edwin

• teichhei - 2019-10-23

Hi Edwin,

The CPU load (with htop) on the controller side is nearly 100%, after FW change to 14 (Wago) went down to about 80 - 90, still not good but the HMI went quicker after the upgrade. Processor load in ioconfig_globals was 40%, weird.
    So I think you are right, it's not the HMI, it's the PLC flat out. /usr/bin/codesys3 process with the top usage is sitting at 56%, another few at 8, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 and 4.
    I've tried setting the cycle times to 200ms, delete the web visu, delete the Modbus RTU and TCP nodes, no improvement.
    I'm aware it's Wago but any hints how to proceed would be much appreciated. Once I get it going I get a few HMI licenses.

Kind Regards

Heinz

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-10-23

Hi Heinz,

maybe a review of the project would help.
    If needed you could give the my question a go in the CODESYS store... just a proposal.
    BR
    Edwin

• teichhei - 2019-11-12

Hi Edwin,

Wago had a look on the PLC side and made a few recommendations bringing the CPU load down to about 70% on htop. Still high but that seems to have been the issue because now it is more responsive apart from scrolling big tables, the content of the alarm table history sometimes just disappears until a reboot. (?!)
    Could that be caused by the high CPU load as well?
    I'm trying to buy a license anyways, having a VAT issue to sort out in the store...

Kind Regards

Heinz