Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CLEARING STORED ALARMS FROM ALARM MANAGER

2019-07-08
2019-09-05
  • Claudio-Baldo - 2019-07-08

I was wondering if there is any method in the AlarmManager class which allow clearing of all the stored alarms....
    Thank you for the help

• m.prestel - 2019-07-08

Hello Claudio_Baldo,

no there is currently no method to remove a already stored alarm (apart from configuring a maximum number of recorded alarms).

You mind sharing why you would need such a method?

Best regards,
    Marcel

• e.kislov - 2019-07-08

m.prestel hat geschrieben:
    Hello Claudio_Baldo,
    no there is currently no method to remove a already stored alarm (apart from configuring a maximum number of recorded alarms).
    You mind sharing why you would need such a method?
    Best regards,
    Marcel

Hi, Marcel.
    I have same suggestion and I can tell about some cases:

1. System goes over from test period to common work mode, so "test" information should be removed and it's not always possible to reload project.
    2. New conditions are introduced (new workmode, new recipes, etc.) - so there is no longer any need for the "old" alarm history.

This feature also will be helpful for Trend element.

• m.prestel - 2019-07-09

Hello,

thank you for the input!

I voted for you on thsi issue.

Best regards,
    Marcel

• Claudio-Baldo - 2019-09-04

hey, just got back to reply to this...
    another very simple reason for implementing such a method is that having 1000 messages may be confusing for the operator whom may want to know a list (or counter) of alarms happened per day.
    So the user should be able to clear the list of all stored alarms if he has the rights to do so.

• dkugler - 2019-09-04

Originally created by: D. Kugler

I did a workaround by copying the empty sqlite database in the plclogic\alarms directory after the download of the project and before setting the PLC in run mode. To clean up the history, I restore the empty db to the actually used database. Works for the unsermanagement or trend db in the same way. Maybe it's an idea for you to do it in the same way.

• e.kislov - 2019-09-05

D. Kugler hat geschrieben:
    I did a workaround by copying the empty sqlite database in the plclogic\alarms directory after the download of the project and before setting the PLC in run mode. To clean up the history, I restore the empty db to the actually used database. Works for the unsermanagement or trend db in the same way. Maybe it's an idea for you to do it in the same way.

I use it same way too, but there is one trouble: you need to reboot PLC after "restore the empty db".

• dkugler - 2019-09-05

Originally created by: D. Kugler

That's right, you can't do that "on the fly". In my case it's no problem to reboot, because our systems are portable and they are shut down before delivery. Would be interesting, if it's possible to restart the alarm manager while the application ist running? I haven't searched for that in the past.