Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

RaspberryPi Machine SL will not run (V3.5.15)

Tbiddle
2019-09-01
2019-09-03
  • Tbiddle - 2019-09-01

The Run-time package seems to install fine, no errors in the messages section to indicate errors just that the system installed.

If you click on the System info button of the RaspberryPI tab in the Codesys application it will give you information in 3 of the 4 pane section of the popup, CPU Info, Network Info, Package Info, and nothing the Runtime Info section, it is completely blank.

It seems that the run-time is not being installed properly or at all. I am not really sure how to check the status of this. Has anyone experienced this?

Rapberry Pi 3, with fresh install of Stretch, and up to date
    Codesys Installed on Windows 10, 1903

T

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-09-01

Hi,

you could login by ssh client ( putty for example)
    and excute a
    or
    cat /tmp/codesyscontol.log

Keep in mind that predictable network interface names need to be disabled ( sudo raspi-config)
    then paste the output of the two comands here.
    BR
    Edwin

IMG: Raspi

• Tbiddle - 2019-09-01

There is no codesyscontrol.log in /tmp and there is no codesyscontrol service running when you look at top.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-09-02

Hi,
    what happens on doing:

sudo /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol stop
    followed by a
    sudo /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol start

BR
    Edwin

• Tbiddle - 2019-09-02

OK, so I have it up and running now. It seems that when I initially setup the pi I configured the interfaces to all be on (i.e. i2c, remote GPIO, One Wire, SPI, Camera).

Searching for a solution, I decided to shut them all off. From that point forward I was able to install down on the Pi, as well as scan, select, download, and run programs. I am not sure which one or group should not be enabled that caused this. Any info on this would be great.

Since getting this to work, I have tested this on the latest version of Stretch (Raspbian 9) and the latest version of Buster (Raspbian 10).

I am a very experienced Controls Engineer, not very familiar with Codesys, and not a linux expert. So much of this is platform is new me, any recommendations on the "Getting Started with Raspberry Pi and Codesys" document. I have seen the few user provided helpful tutorials.

Tracy

• Tbiddle - 2019-09-03

Thanks Edwin! All this was very helpful.

Also I have narrowed the problems getting the Controlsys to start up on my raspbeerypi's both the stretch and the buster versions of the pi will not startup if "dtparam=i2c_arm=on" is in the boot config, or you have used Raspi-Config and enabled the i2c in the interface setup on the raspberrypi.

Tracy