Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Test Manager and Simulation Mode

bjh
2019-08-03
2022-11-11
  • bjh - 2019-08-03

Is it possible to use the Test manager with Simulation mode instead of downloading to an actual runtime? I get the error:

Zitat:
    Variable not found, the application must be compiled and online for this operation

when attempting to run unit tests with the device in simulation mode. The tests work fine when using a real runtime but in my setup that requires actual, physical hardware. I know I can Update the device in the project to use Control Win but my project won't compile without errors that need to be resolved then

• dFx

dFx - 2019-08-05

when you run simulation mode, you have to login into the simulated plc as you would in a real plc to be online.

• bjh - 2019-08-05

dFx hat geschrieben:
    when you run simulation mode, you have to login into the simulated plc as you would in a real plc to be online.

Yes, and Test Manager does this with the generated test application. I can see that it is online (and in Simulation) with the application and that it is in Running mode but the test fails with "Variable not found, the application must be compiled and online for this operation" in the report.

• htp7 - 2022-11-11

I am running into the same issue and was wondering if you found a solution?