Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Python script for stopping a running online application

Halim
2019-08-01
2019-08-06
  • Halim - 2019-08-01

Hi.

I could manage to write a script that creates an online application, log-in, and start the PLC as shown in the below function code.
    def plc_start():
    onlineapp = online.create_online_application(None)
    onlineapp.login(0,True)
    plc_login()
    onlineapp.start()
    print("started")

To stop the plc while staying logged in, I need to use the <onlineapp>.stop(). The problem is that I'm not able to keep the declaration of the <onlineapp> to a next run of the script. So, I want to "ask the scriptEngine what online application is existing now"? How could I program for this question knowing that there is nothing as <active_online_application> in the scriptEngine help?</active_online_application></onlineapp></onlineapp>

BR,
    Halim

• mkeller - 2019-08-06

Hi Halim.

Halim hat geschrieben:
    To stop the plc while staying logged in, I need to use the <onlineapp>.stop(). The problem is that I'm not able to keep the declaration of the <onlineapp> to a next run of the script. So, I want to "ask the scriptEngine what online application is existing now"? How could I program for this question knowing that there is nothing as <active_online_application> in the scriptEngine help?</active_online_application></onlineapp></onlineapp>

ScriptEngine has no need to remember which online application exists because it is not necessary. Just create a new online application and check if it is logged in. If not, login and stop the running app.

BR
    Martin