Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys V3 programming system and other Codesys system on same PC

Anonymous
2019-05-10
2019-07-04
  • Anonymous - 2019-05-10

Originally created by: mh020519

Hello,

is this possible to install the Codesys V3 programming system with another Codesys system (Wago ecockpit, Schneider SoMachine, ...)
    on the same PC?
    Without problems?

Thank you for your answer.

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2019-05-10

Hello,
    I installed 3 versions : CODESYS V3, Eaton version (Xsoft-CODESYS-3 , Eurotherm + CoDeSys V2 and others CoDeSys V2 versions without problems.
    A friend of mine is using CODESYS and Somachine without problems too.

BR

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2019-05-12

Just be careful with Codesys Gateway V3, install the single latest version preferably.

• pflot59 - 2019-06-11

Hello

I use e!Cockpit and Codesys 3 on the same PC without problem.

• RoryLDM - 2019-07-04

Everyone else has already answered but... Yeah no problem. I use Eaton's 2.3 &3.5 version, the OG version, Wago Cockpit, and one for Wago in a 3.5 & 2.3 variety.

Now I don't know what differs between say Eaton's 3.5.10 and 3S's 3.5.10. After playing around loading Libraries and targets and copying folders I can specify say Eaton's XV300 as a target in 3S's Codesys. I can even load a project onto a system and it seems to run no problem for at least a half hour. However because I don't know how well that would work I put everything back the way it was before I started tinkering.

-one difference is that the Eaton version has an option for updating the Codesys version and the windows install where the 3S version does not. At least not in the same way/UI.

I have noticed that even though I have installed Eaton's software after 3S only the latest gateway runs. But that's a good tip from above to watch out for.

I also specifically prevent 2.3's gateway and software from running on start because I only need it for legacy reasons so I don't want it to run normally.