Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Placeholder Template - Library 'CAADTUtil' cannot be resolved

Bahrt
2016-12-20
2019-03-11
  • Bahrt - 2016-12-20

After adding the SMS Service package - Please explain how to resolve library CAADTUtil.

Thank you!

IMG: Library 'CAADTUtil' cannot be resolved.PNG

IMG: SMS Connection Interface.PNG

• Bahrt - 2016-12-22

Please look at the pictures – Identifier ‘DTU’ not defined… I have searched every corner of the 3S-Systems documentation, without finding any kind of hint regarding this issue.

Google have helped a little, guiding me to understand that this ‘CAADTUtil’ library provides “FUNCTIONS FOR HANDLING DATE AND TIME”… In this case, related to the ‘SMS Service’ add-on. It is not working – that is a fact and absolutely no official guidance are available – shame on you ‘3S-Systems’.

It would be of great assistance if anyone, with any level of experience in the 'SMS Service' would make a comment/remark.

I will not be surprised if none of you users are familiar with this issue – how could you be? This is a specific developer software flaw, which 3S-Systems should address, soon… My guess is though - 3S-Systems do not find this important, due to a very limited distribution sale of the ‘SMS Service’ library (yes, it actually costs money). What benefit will 3S-Systems gain, from helping me…? I have only spent €150 in their CodeSys store… Why should they care? How much noise can I make?

Library ’CAADTUtil’ is a 3S-Systems product, so I would certainly expect them to involve some resources in this issue… Does anyone in here have experience with the 3S-Systems support level – do they provide any support. With all respect, I find the ‘CODESYS Development System V3’ documentation availability, very poor – I cannot find one single match when I search for ‘DTU.ERROR’ or ‘DTU.DTConcat’, in the CODESYS V3 online help.

How does a 3S-systems customer solve a problem like this, without help from the vendor…?

Thank you!

IMG: Compile errors when missing 'CAADUtil'.PNG

IMG: The 'DTU.DTConcat' function.PNG

IMG: DTU.ERROR

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-28

Hi,
    this should not happen in general (this store examples should work and I have verified it with Raspberry PI it does)
    If I use it with 3.5.10.0 CODESYS and 3.5.10.0 Raspberry Pi package everything seems to be ok.
    Could you update to current Version - both CODESYS and Pi Package?

In general if you are missng a placeholder somewhere you could Redirect them in the placeholder dialog.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Placeholder.jpg

IMG: SMS.jpg

• Atero - 2018-05-04

Same issue here. No idea how to proceed because the errors don't give direct hint were to look.

WIN 10 64 Business
    Codesys V3.5 SP12 Patch 3+ 64 bit
    SMS Service 1.0.0.6

Idea would be to use this library with raspberry but tried also to import it into empty project. Same problem in there.

Please help.

IMG: CAADUTIL.PNG

• Anonymous - 2019-03-11

Originally created by: georgejaniszewski

Hello Edwin, could you please advise where the SMS Service code example PDF documents are located on your website.
    Thank you.
    George.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-03-11

Hi,

https://store.codesys.com/sms-service-bundle.html

install this package via shopping cart in CODESYS and then you'll find it
    here:
    "c:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\CODESYS SMS Service\1.0.0.7\SMS_Service_Example.project"
    "c:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\CODESYS SMS Service\1.0.0.7\SMS Service_en.pdf"
    (Keep in mind this product need a license on CODESYS development system)</yourwindowsusername></yourwindowsusername>

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2019-03-11

Originally created by: georgejaniszewski

Thank you Edwin. Found it.
    Could you also advise how the licence works for SMS Service for preliminary development purposes. Does it run for a while and stop, requiring a restart like the Raspberry Pi runtime licence, or does it run for a week and stop forever until licenced etc ?
    i.e. I need some development time with the product before buying the licence.
    Also is the licence based on a per device basis, i.e. one licence per controller?
    Regards, George