Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS C-Integration

rojiroy
2019-01-27
2 days ago
  • rojiroy - 2019-01-27

I need some help I am trying to intergrate C in CodeSys. I followed the step by step based on the instruction on the below link. However when I try to Create IEC interface, I get the following error.

"The build configuration is invalid. Visual Studio or the Windows SDK can be found"

I want to assure that the path is selected correctly. That is right clicking on the C project file name, "Properties" under the tab "build"

Visual Studio location
    C:\Program Files (x86) \Microsoft Visual Studio \2017\community

Window SDK Location
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin

As anyone had difficult using this option? Is it because I am running VS 2017? Any tips that could help with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_cds_in ... n=3.5.10.0 m

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2019-01-29

In fact, C-Integration is an option that needs an additional license. Or, to be correct, even more: It is an option for device manufacturers. Even if there is a demo license for the SoftPLC CODESYS Control Win this is not intended to be used in industrial settings.
    Thus, the best is to speak with the preferrend PLC manufacturer about this option.