Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Raspberry + Ethercat

thomasri
2019-01-11
2019-01-21
  • thomasri - 2019-01-11

Hello,
    I am using a raspberry PI3+ with codesys v3.5 SP14.
    I have success to compile and execute a small project to the PI. I can control the program in using the webvisu with the ethernet port too.

Now, I would like to use an Ethercat slave (Beckhoff EK1100). On my PI, I have only one Ethernet port and I think it may use only for Ethercat bus (Ethercat master) . So in this case, it will not be possible to access to the PI with ethernet. So I need to have 2 ethernet ports.

What is the best solution to access to the PI in Ethernet and to use Ethercat on the PI?

Thanks for your help

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2019-01-11

You can take almost any USB-to-Ethernet adapter. We do so here, too. According to my experience all the (3 or 4) different adapters I have used for this purpose worked well.

• thomasri - 2019-01-11

I tried one but I didn't work. It is possible to ping the ethernet port (usb adaptater) but the communication crashs after several seconds.
    Any configuration to set inside the PI?
    Roland, do you know if there is a tutorial somewhere to add an ethernet port with an adaptater?

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-11

Hi,
    yes sure... this will work too!

BR
    Edwin