Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Schneider SoMachine / Codesys and BACnet

tvm
2017-04-17
2019-01-19
  • tvm - 2017-04-17

I haven't been able to find a BACnet implementation for Schneider SoMachine, so I started working of some software myself. I have the basic program written in ST. Functions like poll for master, etc, and token passing are working, as well as readProperty/writeProperty. The attached screenshot shows a wireshark capture of a BACnet MS/TP network over serial at 38400 baud, passing the token and reading a point.

Is anyone else interested in collaborating on a library for this? The BACnet standard is quite extensive, and I'm starting with just basic read/writes of present values, but I see no reason it couldn't expand into a full implementation with a couple people working on it.

Tim

IMG: Capture.PNG

• Kirkland - 2019-01-18

Hi Tim,

Is this something you are still working on? I am interested in developing this library for SoMachine also. Perhaps even for BACnet TCP/IP.

Cheers,

Kirkland

• tvm - 2019-01-19

Yes I am, and it has been quite successful so far. Read Property, Write Property, and Get Event Information services have all been implemented, and I've started to think about segmentation and BACnet/IP. I'm not ready to share it publicly yet, but if there's a way for us to connect privately, I would be interested in exploring some kind of collaboration. Is there a way to send direct messages on this forum? I'm not sure I want to post my email address. EDIT: my profile says my email address is shared and direct messages are open, so feel free to contact me that way.