Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

licenses question

Joan M
2019-01-02
2019-01-08
  • Joan M - 2019-01-02

In our company we are Planning to start using the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ device as a small PLC.

I would like to ask you some questions:

1. Which runtime license do we need to buy for a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+?
      a. CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL
      b. CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL

2. We plan to use the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ device as an EtherCAT master, do we need any other license for that?

3. We plan to use the β€œweb visu” in those projects too; do we need any other license for that?
      a. The Pi will be connected using HDMI to a big TV, the same Pi will start the Chromium browser in kiosk mode showing the visualization into the TV.

4. Given our scenario: programming a Raspberry from our PC, are the Codesys programming development tools (programming software) free?
      a. Do we need to buy any license for being able to program that Raspberry from our computer?

Thank you very much for your time and answers.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-02

Zitat:
    1. Which runtime license do we need to buy for a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+?
    a. CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL
    b. CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL

This is up to you!
    Both is possible to use with PI3 - Multicore Version you have additional the possibilty to distribute the tasks to deticated cores,
    for example Visu on Core1, Ethercat on Core 0 ...

Zitat:
    2. We plan to use the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ device as an EtherCAT master, do we need any other license for that?

Everything is included

Zitat:
    3. We plan to use the β€œweb visu” in those projects too; do we need any other license for that?
    a. The Pi will be connected using HDMI to a big TV, the same Pi will start the Chromium browser in kiosk mode showing the visualization into the TV.

Everything is included

Zitat:
    4. Given our scenario: programming a Raspberry from our PC, are the Codesys programming development tools (programming software) free?
    a. Do we need to buy any license for being able to program that Raspberry from our computer?

No in general nothing extra is needed, there are some products like SVN Integration / Static Analysis etc.. which give additional posibilities...

BR
    Edwin

• Joan M - 2019-01-04

Thank you very much Edwin!

• LukaszBien - 2019-01-05

Hi,
    I have a question maybe related to this thread..
    So I wanted to try multicore support capabilities of Raspberry and Codesys but unfortunately I ended up with exception:

My task setup looks like that:

How to deal with it?

Thanks!

IMG: Capture.PNG

IMG: Capture1.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-05

Hi,
    For multicore you need the license there is no demo mode available... (due technical reasons)
    BR
    Edwin

• LukaszBien - 2019-01-08

Hi Edwin,

Thanks but..

I have tried that on Raspberry Pi that is licensed and I have exactly the same problem...

Is there different license for multicore?

Thanks in advance for answer

BR

Lukasz

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-01-08

Hi,
    yes it is a different license -> Multicore license..

BR
    Edwin