Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL

elconfa
2018-12-18
2018-12-19
  • elconfa - 2018-12-18

hello, Can you explain me the difference between
    CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL
    and
    CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL

This is new? Does it is possible to convert the license from the old to the new?

Thanks

• RoryLDM - 2018-12-18

Looking at the description in the store it seems like the new CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL package is for Rasberry Pi variants that have multiple cores. The original package is for the Rasberry Pi version with 1 core.

In the expanded description they explain that this means the compute module as well as the "possibility to use expansion hardware such as Raspberry PiFace Digital, Raspberry Pi Camera and various devices/boards with SPI, IΒ²C or 1-wire interface."

They don't call out support for the Banani Pi or the other variants like the Orange Pi so I assume they are currently unsupported.

Does that answer your question?

• elconfa - 2018-12-19

RoryLDM hat geschrieben:
    In the expanded description they explain that this means the as well as the ""

Also the previous CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL has the same possibility. I think that many people use Raspberry pi 3 that has multi core inside. what are the real benefits? If this is an expansion, why is this sold separately and not only an option? Or may be an upgrade for the previous license?

Massimo

• RoryLDM - 2018-12-19

elconfa hat geschrieben:
    Also the previous CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL has the same possibility. I think that many people use Raspberry pi 3 that has multi core inside. what are the real benefits? If this is an expansion, why is this sold separately and not only an option? Or may be an upgrade for the previous license?
    Massimo

Good question. I dont know and would like to know as well. I have a few projects coming up that use them and a definitive answer would be nice.

• RoryLDM - 2018-12-19

That is a fantastic response. Thanks.