Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Is a Reset possible for the CoDeSys soft PLC?

Halim
2018-12-17
2024-01-18
  • Halim - 2018-12-17

Hi,

when I try downloading my project to the Codesys soft PLC (Codesys Control Win V3), I get a request to enter a user name and password.
    In my security screen, I have no security features added. Also, my Application is NOT encrypted.
    Below I added two Images showing the Authentication request and the security view user tab.

My question is: Is there a way to get back the same initial setting for the soft PLC? (frankly speaking, like a factory reset?)

BR,
    Halim

IMG: SecurityView.PNG

IMG: Authentication.PNG

• Halim - 2018-12-17

dFx hat geschrieben:
    https://forum.codesys.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9262

Thanks for redirecting me to this. I tried the following solutions and it is not also working.
    1. Username and Password "Administrator"
    2. Resetting the original device "Error message that the gateway is not correctly configured" (I used the default)

• autojay - 2021-07-26

Did you end up finding the solution? I have the same problem...

• rpostwvu - 2021-09-17

Same here. I don't even want the credentials, but the most recent patch put it on. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the password is still there.

• jtebokkel

jtebokkel - 2021-11-08

The files for the Soft PLC are located at c:\Users\All Users\CODESYS\CODESYSControlWinV3x64\ you can stop your soft PLC and then delete any directory that exists there. The next time you start your Soft PLC it will create a new directory with a fresh version and you'll be able to set a password for the device.

If you have other soft PLCs you'll also find their files in the parent directory c:\Users\All Users\CODESYS\

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

The deletion of the folder does indeed lead to a new prompt to setup the initial password. However, even entering the Administrator/Administrator combination will not lead to a successful subsequent login (see screenshot). I also tried logging into the Raspberry runtime with similar results :-(

I am lost and close to giving up...Anybody knows how to get around this issue ?
    Thank you!

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

I finally got it to connect (see SS). I am not 100% certain that what I did was the key to the castle. I played a bit following the advise in https://forge.codesys.com/forge/talk/Deutsch/thread/07840b631c/ . For the non-German speaking folks: It essentially means that you have to make sure the device in the project matches precisely the actual device you are trying to connect to. I basically just updated the device (not sure what it was put to initially) and booooom.... connected :-) Cheers

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

Argghhh... Thought I would be passed that hurdle that just co me the weekend. Was about to test my application and now I am gettig THIS: Hardware Mismatch!
    See attachment! Any ideas what may cause this issue.... ?? As illustrated in the screen shot, at least the product names are matching. And in regards to the version... All I can say that the while computer is a vanilla installation... I could not think of anything bringing in an incompatible version. Thanks for any hint, JR!

• i-campbell

i-campbell - 2021-11-28

Which three unresolved references are they? Should show them in the messages view.

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

Hi I-campbell. Thanks for your reply... I am trying to replicate the setup to provide you with the unresolved references... Meanwhile I have achieved a little move (dont want to call it progress...). I managed to switch to Softmotion which is IMHO deprecated and shall no longer be used. The interesting thing about this however is, that this was only possible when using the login id pulled out of the CSV file as per the attached screenshot. This was for sure not the user name that I had picked, but auto-generated during initial setup.
      Thank you!

Last edit: jreitzig 2021-11-28
    • jreitzig - 2021-11-28

Hi @i-campbell, I was able to replicate the unresolved references using Control Win V3 x64. See screen shot. Pls note that the application was not changed a single bit. It works fine for the Softmotion edition and errors out on the advised successor. Thank you!

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

Hi @i-campbell, I was able to replicate the unresolved references using Control Win V3 x64. See screen shot. Pls note that the application was not changed a single bit. It works fine for the Softmotion edition and errors out on the advised successor. Thank you!

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

• jreitzig - 2021-11-28

one more update: When I intentionally mismatch the version I get the version mismatch error already during connecting and not only when trying to upload the application

• luisprox - 2022-01-19

I forgot the password and I was not finding a way around it.

So I discovered a procedure to clear the PLC program from Control Win.
    The softPLC data is stored in folder "C:\ProgramData\CODESYS\CODESYSControlWinV3x64\" (I am currently using v 3.5.17.10).
    Stop the PLC through its icon in the taskbar and then delete the content of the this folder.

Now during the next login there will be no online program and it will ask for creating a new user again.

• vahidmoham - 2022-09-05

Hi there, I had forgotten my username and password in Codesys and then used this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPW8Y8cHmYI ) on the PLCgoods YouTube channel to solve my problem. Also this video explains how to solve the problems which may appear for us.

Last edit: vahidmoham 2022-09-05
  • talhaali - 2024-01-18

Hi, I have got a solution.
    Go to local disk C.
    (There will be an option View on top. Click View>Show>hidden items.)
    go to following path:C:\ProgramData\CODESYS\CODESYSControlWinV3x64
    there will be one or two files. delete it and run control win again. issue will be resolved.