Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Visualization Screen is not being updated when writing a TXT file

leandroct
2018-12-07
2018-12-13
  • leandroct - 2018-12-07

My application saves data in a .txt file. I have created a progress bar to indicate the progress of the file writing up to 100%. However, when the program runs, the screen no longer refreshes until the writing in the file is completed.
    I was wondering if there is a way to give an update on the screen through a program line.
    The program writes the entire file in a loop. So I made a second program option without the loop, where it writes one part at each scan, but even then the progress bar does not update. Why does this happen?

PROGRAM SALVA_LEIT_WTXT
    VAR
    IP: STRING := '192.168.0.1';
    // TRANSITION OF START OF WRITING
    TR_SSALV: R_TRIG;
    Date_Time: RTCLK.GetDateAndTime;
    // YEAR
    ANO: UINT;
    // MONTH
    MES: UINT;
    // DAY
    DIA: UINT;
    // HOUR
    HORA: UINT;
    // MINUTE
    MINUTO: UINT;
    // SECONDS
    SEGUNDO: UINT;
    // STRING YEAR
    STR_ANO: STRING;
    // STRING MONTH
    STR_MES: STRING;
    // STRING DAY
    STR_DIA: STRING;
    // STRING HOUR
    STR_HORA: STRING;
    // STRING MINUTE
    STR_MINUTO: STRING;
    sFileName: CAA.FILENAME;
    // SIZE OF STRING
    TAM_STR: INT;
    // DATA VALUE CONVERTED TO STRING
    VAL_STRING2: STRING;
    // STRING OF TIME
    TEMPO_STRING: STRING;
    LOOP: INT;
    txt_Virg: STRING := ',';
    txt_Fim_Cab: STRING := '}';
    txt_Tempo: STRING := 'TIME:';
    txt_IP: STRING := '{IP:';
    udiWriteError1 : RTS_IEC_RESULT;
    udiCloseError1 : RTS_IEC_RESULT;
    xText_Write: STRING(10000);
    udiWrite : UDINT;
    udiOpenError1 : RTS_IEC_RESULT;

hFile : RTS_IEC_HANDLE := RTS_INVALID_HANDLE;
    // WRITE FILE
    MESCR: BOOL;
    MDATA: BOOL;
    // TRANSITION OF END OF WRITING
    TR2_NSSALV: F_TRIG;
    LOOP2: UINT;
    // PERCENTAGE OF WRITING TO PROGRESS BAR
    RPERC: REAL;
    // TRANSITION OF START
    TR_INIC: R_TRIG;
    // SAVE
    SSALV: BOOL;
    // TABLE OF TIMES OF DATA STORED TO WRITE TO TXT
    TEMPO: ARRAY[1..10000] OF UDINT;
    // STORED DATA TO WRITE TO TXT
    MSG_COM: ARRAY[1..10000, 1..5008] OF BYTE;
    END_VAR

// THIS PROGRAM WRITES THE FULL TXT FILE IN A LOOP, AND THE PROGRESS BAR IN THE SCREEN DOESN`T UPDATE.
    // (IF I PUT THE PROGRAM IN STEP-BY-STEP, THE PROGRESS BAR UPDATES)

TR_SSALV(CLK:=SSALV); IF TR_SSALV.Q THEN MESCR:=TRUE; END_IF; // SET BIT OF STARTING OF FILE WRITING
    TR2_NSSALV(CLK:=MESCR);
    IF TR2_NSSALV.Q THEN udiCloseError1:= SysFileClose(hFile:= hFile); END_IF; //Close the file at the end

//DEFINE THE FILE NAME AND DIRECTORY
    IF MESCR AND NOT Date_Time.xDone THEN
    GVL.ESCO := FALSE;
    Date_Time(xExecute:= TRUE);
    DTU.DTSplit(dtDateAndTime:= Date_Time.dtDateAndTime, puiYear:=ADR(ANO), puiMonth:= ADR(MES), puiDay:= ADR(DIA), puiHour:= ADR(HORA), puiMinute:= ADR(MINUTO), puiSecond:= ADR(SEGUNDO));//PEGA DADOS DE DATA E HORA
    STR_ANO := CONCAT(UINT_TO_STRING(ANO),''); STR_MES := CONCAT(UINT_TO_STRING(MES),''); STR_DIA := CONCAT(UINT_TO_STRING(DIA),''); STR_HORA := CONCAT(UINT_TO_STRING(HORA),''); STR_MINUTO := CONCAT(UINT_TO_STRING(MINUTO),'_');
    sFileName := CONCAT(STR_ANO,STR_MES); sFileName := CONCAT(sFileName,STR_DIA); sFileName := CONCAT(sFileName,STR_HORA); sFileName := CONCAT(sFileName,STR_MINUTO); sFileName := CONCAT(sFileName,UINT_TO_STRING(SEGUNDO)); sFileName := CONCAT(sFileName,'.txt');
    sFileName := CONCAT('C:\Laser\Gravados\', sFileName);
    hFile:= SysFileOpen(szFile:= sFileName, am:= ACCESS_MODE.AM_WRITE_PLUS, pResult:= ADR(udiOpenError1));
    MDATA := FALSE;
    IF Date_Time.xError THEN
    //erro
    END_IF
    END_IF

//STARTING STRING VARIABLE
    TR_INIC(CLK := Date_Time.xDone);
    IF TR_INIC.Q THEN xText_Write := ''; END_IF;

//MOUNTING THE PACKAGE STRING AND WRITING TO TXT
    IF MESCR AND Date_Time.xDone THEN
    FOR LOOP2 := 1 TO 3000 BY 1 DO
    RPERC := 100.0 * (UINT_TO_REAL(LOOP2) / 3000.0); //PERCENT OF PROGRESS BAR
    //IS THERE A WAY TO CALL HERE A SCREEN UPDATE BY PROGRAM LINE?????????????????????????????
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(txt_IP), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(IP), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(txt_Virg), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(txt_Tempo), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    TEMPO_STRING := UDINT_TO_STRING(TEMPO[LOOP2]);
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(TEMPO_STRING), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(txt_Fim_Cab), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    FOR LOOP:= 1 TO 5008 BY 1 DO
    VAL_STRING2 := INT_TO_STRING(MSG_COM[LOOP2,LOOP]);
    StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(VAL_STRING2), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000);
    IF LOOP < 5008 THEN StrConcatA(pstFrom:= ADR(txt_Virg), pstTo:= ADR(xText_Write), iBufferSize:= 10000); END_IF;
    TAM_STR := LEN(xText_Write);
    IF TAM_STR >= 200 THEN
    IF hFile <> RTS_INVALID_HANDLE THEN
    udiWrite:= SysFileWrite(hFile:= hFile, pbyBuffer:= ADR(xText_Write), ulSize:= INT_TO_UDINT(LEN(xText_Write)), pResult:= ADR(udiWriteError1));
    xText_Write := '';
    END_IF
    END_IF
    END_FOR;
    END_FOR;

MESCR := FALSE; GVL.ESCO := TRUE; SSALV:=FALSE;
    Date_Time(xExecute:= FALSE);

END_IF

• m.prestel - 2018-12-10

Hello sir,

could it be that in your project the visu_task has a lower priority than the task you use to write to the file?

Best regards,
    Marcel

• leandroct - 2018-12-10

Yes. This is true. But in fact I would like my program with priority over screen. I understood that with 1 ms of ciclic interval, my program takes all processment and the screen doesn`t update even when the program is not in a loop. Then, my question is:
    Is there a way to call a screen update by program?

Thank you by your reply!

• m.prestel - 2018-12-11

Hello sir,

no there is no public way to force a screen update.
    Even if there would be a way, if the VISU_TASK gets no CPU-time, it cannot paint.

Best regards,
    Marcel

• Lo5tNet - 2018-12-11

Do you need to use FOR loops? I would highly consider changing it to a CASE statement so that your program can continue to cycle properly. A good example can be found in the help: https://help.codesys.com/webapp/Examples;product=CAA_FILE;version=3.5.13.0

A FOR loop might be the fastest way to save the file but as you've noticed it drastically increases cycle time for that 1 cycle you are saving a file. This means that other lower priority tasks get put on hold. You can get creative with creating a separate task for saving the files that will help speed up the saving process if you don't want to lock up the system.

• leandroct - 2018-12-13

Even when not in a loop, I have the same problem unless I rise up the interval of ciclic time to over 20ms. But this is not desired....
    However, my final project would be with the multi-core codesys. Then, I think this wouldn't be a problem to me, once I can put the TXT file program in a separate core. I will wait to buy it and then I will reanalize this issue.
    Thanks!!