Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

WebVisu multiple arrays as graph source

2018-11-14
2018-11-28
  • tjarcoboerkoel - 2018-11-14

Hi All,

I'm Struggling with the WebVisu graphs. It's possible to load data from arrays, but whats the format for multiple lines/arrays?
    Is that in the form of the example below or?

Struct
    Array1[] OF TYPE
    Array2[] OF TYPE
    Array3[] OF TYPE
    END_STRUCT

Thanks in advance,

• tjarcoboerkoel - 2018-11-27

Hello Prestel,

Thank you for your reply.
    I'm afraid that I'm not having that dialog. With SoMachine Logic Builder 4.3 I'm stuck on Visu-components version 3.5.6 and lower (see screen print).
    I think with Codesys 3.5.3.

Best regards,

IMG: Visu.png

• m.prestel - 2018-11-27

Hello sir,

about what graph are you talking then?

XY-Chart is only available since SP12 (I think).

Best regards,
    Marcel

• tjarcoboerkoel - 2018-11-27

Hello Prestel,

Thank you for your reply.Lets go back to the start.

I would like to have some "logger" arrays of files in which multiple traces are logged.
    Doesn't have to be a long log (but would be nice).

I don't like to use the Trace element, because it's logging in the WebVisu part. A minor miss-configuration (like task-intervals) makes the controller crash.

So I would like to have a more defined logging and was thinking of 500 deep arrays with fixed interval used as FIFO (by using the rotate array functions).
    This way I could also make some trendlines by using meanarray functions.
    Yes, it's loading the system but the logging may be a long interval (minutes).

So I was thinking about the history-element. For a single array it works just fine, but I'm stuck with only one array shown.
    I dont have the XY chart available as element in this version.

Maybe you know an alternative way, for example a trace loaded from file?
    Also a _ function would be nice, or a "range selection" option.

or do I have to make a custom graph javascript

Best regards,

IMG: Trace_properties.png

IMG: Trace_element.png

• m.prestel - 2018-11-28

Hello sir,

ah I see.
    Yes you can load a recorded trace from the file system.
    So therefore you would have do write all your data to the file and load it into the trace.

The trace has some control options, see l viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9101#p22906 l for more on this. ( You are not required to add the elements, but it may help you set up the correct file format to import the trace then).

I think, range selection is not available in your version (I was in university when SP3 got released).

Most of the things you wanna do are there already in later version, sorry.

Best regards,
    Marcel