Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Discontinued CAN/serial cape from Logic Supply...

Anonymous
2017-04-20
2018-11-15
  • Anonymous - 2017-04-20

Originally created by: dosnova

I've contacted Logic Supply. CAN/serial cape has been discontinued. Any alternative produc to implement CAN with Codesys in a reliable way??

• WAGOKurt - 2018-11-12

Has anyone been able to get the WaveShare RS485/CAN Cape to work? I followed Edwins BB setup instructions, by:
    1. Installing the RT kernel (4.18.16-bone-rt-r15)
    2. Enabling the cape id BB-CAN1 in the /boot/uEnv.txt file. (Is this the right name for this cape?)
    3. Editing /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils Governor to "performance"

I checked the salve device's baud rate (125kB) and device ID's are correct (id1). If I right-click on the CANopen Manager and scan for devices, it locks up Codesys.

CANbus is green, but the CANopen Manager never starts and stays orange. Device is always red.

On the device (WAGO 750-347 coupler) If I unplug the slave's cable I get the expected TX/RX error lights, but otherwise if I reboot slave after master is running, the RUN light blinks green slowly indicating pre-operational state. I believe it is seeing CAN messages otherwise it would not be in pre-operational state.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Here is a screenshot.

IMG: fail.jpeg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-13

Hi Kurt,

two things to check:
    1. does cansend / work under Linux (login by ssh)

cansend can0 123#12

1. Could you set the compiler option: CANOPEN_DEBUG
      and check the plclogger for more information?

BR
    Edwin

IMG: CANOPEN_DEBUG.png

• WAGOKurt - 2018-11-13

Thank you, I have completed those steps, here are the results;
    When I put the wrong NodeID (intentionally) it gives the error wrong NodeID, which tells me CANopen messages are being sent. With the right NodeID, I get a SDO Read error. Below are my Slave devices SDOs, I do not see object 16#1000:16#00 mapped.

IMG: debug3.jpeg

IMG: SDOs 2.jpeg

IMG: cansend.jpeg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-13

Hi,
    what happens if you do a slave 'scan' by rightclick on the CANopen Manager?
    BR
    Edwin

• WAGOKurt - 2018-11-13

It locks up Codesys when I try to scan.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-15

Hi,
    check if from Linux cansend and receive work like expected with SocketCAN.
    If this is the case the CODESYS side should work too.

BR
    Edwin

• WAGOKurt - 2018-11-15

Hello, I tried cansend can0 123#12 again. I have an o-scope attached to the TX pin, and see a flatline.
    Does not appear to record any packets transmitted either, so must be a problem with this cape (which has very limited and old documentation)

IMG: can quelen.jpeg

IMG: no luck.jpeg