Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Problems with simulation in Window 10

Josemi
2018-10-29
2024-03-18
  • Josemi - 2018-10-29

Hello:

I'm starting with Codesys 3.5. SP13. I have installed tCodesys in windows 10 Home and when I try to simulate the proyect and make "login" , the system show this message:

"You are currently not authorized to perfom this operation on the device. Please enter the name and password of and user account which has got sufficient rights."

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

IMG: Image.png

• dFx

dFx - 2018-10-30

Had this popup before because I enabled security on my project/device -> Use the pass you defined.

• Josemi - 2018-10-31

Thanks for the reply. But I do not have project security enabled. I have tested the same project in a virtual machine with windows 7 and the project is simulated and started correctly once you login. The message does not logically appear.

Thanks in advance.

• dFx

dFx - 2018-11-05

May you have previously locked your simulation device with a previous download ?

• Josemi - 2018-11-09

No. I haven't locked my simulation. It's the first time that I try the simulation program.

Another suggestion please?

Thank you very much.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-11-10

Hi,
    I would just start the plc on your CODESYS PC and login to this... this offers a lot more possibility in compare to the Simulation.
    (Sure your project should then have Control Win or Control 64Bit Win plc in the device tree)
    -> Update device by rightclick in the device tree to the plc
    Then please do a scan of this local plc and login to this.(Control Win)

To remove the user management from your Simulation project - try to do:
    rightclick in the device tree in the simualtion project and -> reset origin device

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Startplc.png

• ThKa - 2018-11-11

Hi,

I had the same issue, nearly gave up, anyways try this.

User: Administrator
    PW: Administrator

Regards Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• krstech

krstech - 2018-11-13

Works, thank you...

• dvincent - 2020-10-30

Don't work for me 😑
    I spend the last three hours to test all the codesys example in simulation .
    I've all the time this [admin: same] dialog box . I don't have any password on my computer.
    Any other suggestion please ..

Last edit: i-campbell 2020-10-30
  • dvincent - 2020-10-30

I've found my solution with
    User: admin
    PW: admin

I don't why suddently this password appears.

• josevarellab - 2021-09-10

I'm having the same problem cause a put an user and password at the first login but I've forgotten, can I change the security or I need to exclude and install again ?

• Automa - 2022-04-06

Hi I had the same problem (I forgot my password). To reset the password stop and exit the codesys control win systray application. Go to folder c:\Users\All Users\CODESYS\CODESYSControlWinV3x64\ and select the folder displayed.
    Inside remove these files:
    .GroupDatabase.csv
    .GroupDatabase.csv_
    .UserDatabase.csv
    .UserDatabase.csv_
    .UserMgmtRightsDB.csv

Open and start the codesys control win systray application. When you try to connect again via codesys you are able to give a new username and password.

Hope this helps

• mp9876 - 2024-03-18

Hi Automa, it seems the solution you were bringing up on 2022-04-06 could really help me as I did not remember the password I initially set. My problem though is that I am using Codesys Control Win V3.5 SP19/60 (64 bit) and I cannot locate any of the files you listed up there. I have been looking inside folder: C:\Program Files\CODESYS 3.5.19.60\CODESYS\ and they appear not to be present at all neither in the CODESYS folder or any sub-folders.

Uninstalling and re-installing unfortunately does not do the trick.

Any idea how I could get out of the ditch on this issue ?

Anyone else maybe ?

Thanks

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2024-03-18

I would give a try to check the content here:
    c:\ProgramData\CODESYS\CODESYSControlWinV3x64