Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Going online, prompted PLC will go offline

Triodes
2018-10-30
2018-11-01
  • Triodes - 2018-10-30

A couple for times now I've opened an old project, wanting to check some things on-site and gotten the prompt that a download has to be made and the PLC will be stopped.

I've made no changes to the software and it's a hassle to have to shut down the entire system just to go online because the software does not detect a matching compile.

Is there a way to ignore this and just go online without a full download?

I don't remember old versions (2.x) of codesys behaving like this, so I might be missing a setting somewhere since going to 3.x

• dFx

dFx - 2018-10-30

Make sure you created a startup application before leaving online mode (if you done changes after a full download).

• Triodes - 2018-10-30

"Create Boot project" is always selected on the download screen. I take it that should handle it on it's own?

• dFx

dFx - 2018-10-31

On a download, for sure. But If you do an online edit, it doesn't do a boot project unless you've set the option to do so.

• Triodes - 2018-11-01

That option is in the online edit popup as well and checked.