Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Is it possible to simulate the codesys visualizations without project file/codesys?

PhilN
2018-10-08
2018-10-10
  • PhilN - 2018-10-08

Basically, we want to be able to have other people have a "demo" of our HMI similar to when doing debug -> start in Codesys V3.

So people should be able to have an idea about what our HMI looks like and works. But they should not have access to the project file/code needed to simulate this.

Is there a way to do this? Possibly just loading the .app/.crc files?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-09

Hi,
    you could use:
    https://store.codesys.com/codesys-contr ... __store=en
    either 32Bit or 64Bit Version.
    This is what your customer need to install.

In your real application you need to switch to this plc by 'update device' (right click in the device tree) - select the Control Win or Control Win64 plc.
    Then next step is to login into your local installed Control Win ( should be the same either 64 or 32bit Version)
    then you could extract from your machine the following content (use the whole drectory 'PlcLogic ' and copy this to the same location on your customers machine:

my path/locations for the 32 Bit Version(64 Bit you'll find in CODESYSControlWinV3x64):
    c:\ProgramData\CODESYS[b]CODESYSControlWinV3\xxxxxxxx\PlcLogic [/b]
    then the missing part is copy this file or only the section:
    c:\ProgramData\CODESYS[b]CODESYSControlWinV3\xxxxxxxx\CODESYSControl.cfg [/b]

[CmpApp]...[b]Application.1=Application
    [/b].
    This is for the runtime the Information which application Need to be started ( so in case your application has a different name in CODESYS this need to be adjusted here)

Now your customer hast a running demo without having CODESYS ( has only the plc now) and could
    Play around. without license this runs for 2h.

(he starts manually the plc in the task tray, see screenshot to evaluate your Project, which then starts as Fullscreen HMI on his machine -> Alt-F4 to quit)
    BR
    Edwin

IMG: Startplc.png

• PhilN - 2018-10-09

Thank you for the quick reply Edwin.

After updating the device, and downloading the missing libraries for my unresolved visualization references, I got two more unresolved references during the download while trying to login. So the precompile and compile were fine.

Unresolved reference: 'GETFLASHSTATUS'
    Unresolved reference: 'GETNETWORKINFO'

These don't seem project specific.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-10

Hi,
    These two function are used in your real plc, ( and do not exist as external function in the CONTROL WIN PLC)
    uncomment them from the project where these functions are used/called.
    BR
    Edwin

• PhilN - 2018-10-10

Thank you so much Edwin!

It works as expected now. I appreciate it!
    Have a great day!