Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Advanced issue - Image does not show

Studiologe
2018-10-02
2018-10-08
  • Studiologe - 2018-10-02

Hello all,

I have an issue with properly loading an image on the client side of the webvisu. I have following setup:
    Wago PFC100 (750-8100) running codesys v3.5 SP13 Patch1.

The image is properly loaded and embedded in the imagepool. (See attached screenshot). In the webvisu I created an image element with dynamic image switching, using a string variable. The switching of the image works perfect in the preview of the webvisu inside of codesys. However client side in a web browser does not display the image, even though it has been embedded. (see screenshots)

When inspecting the website in my browser (right click -> "View page source") i get the following XML code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
       <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />
       <script language="javascript" src="webvisu.js"></script>
       <script language="javascript" src="browsercontrol_ext0.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body onload="new Webvisu('background', 'foreground', false)">
       <div style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px;">
          <canvas id="background" width="1280" height="800" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; z-index: 100;">Webvisu not supported due to missing browser feature HTML5-Canvas</canvas>
          <canvas id="foreground" width="1280" height="800" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; z-index: 200;">Webvisu not supported due to missing browser feature HTML5-Canvas</canvas>
       </div>
    </body>
    </html>

I have googled the missing browser feature HTML5-Canvas issue and it seems chrome suspects a XXS (Cross-Site Attack), since I'm changing the image programatically.
    I tried changing settings in chrome, to allow java-script execution, no luck.
    I have tried different browsers as well, and changing settings, same issue.
    I did install the certificates, so the https is resolved correctly (on the underlying os of the PFC100), but still same issue, it won't load properly.

Any ideas what else I could try? I really want those damn images to show client-sided.

Thanks for any hints.

IMG: webvisu.jpeg

IMG: embedded image.PNG

IMG: dynamic image.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-03

Hi,
    could you try another browser for q quich test?
    BR
    Edwin

• Studiologe - 2018-10-03

@Edwing:

I did try a different browser, as I mentioned in my original post. I have also tried changing the security settings in the various different browsers that I have tried. Unfortunately that did not work.

Any other ideas, of what could be going on here?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-10-03

Hi,
    is it possible to send the projectarchive (or reduced project) to the CODESYS store "my question -> bug report"?
    BR
    Edwin

• Thomas - 2018-10-08

Hi studiologe,
    you must use the exact name of your ImagePool in your code.

BR

IMG: Picture.png

IMG: Code.png