Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC-UA Client connection, Linux SL /Raspberry Pi

Liquidea
2018-09-12
2018-10-08
  • Liquidea - 2018-09-12

Hi,

I'm testing a Linux SL runtime with OPC-UA server enabled (v3.5.13.0) in a virtual machine (Debian 9, x64).
    When I try to connect to it with a OPC client (UAExpert v1.4.4) , I get the next error 'BadCommunicationError'.

I noticed that the configuration looks a lot like the configuration used with the RaspberryPi.
    So I took a Pi to test the same application.
    I edited the file /etc/CODESYSControl.cfg on both machines where I added the following;
    [CmdOPCUA]
    NetworkAdapter=[systemname of network adapter, like eth0 or ensXX]
    NetworkPort=4840

After editing and several attempts of rebooting and stopping and starting Codesys on both machines with the following commands;
    /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol stop
    /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol start
    no noticeable effect has been seen in my case.

I also tried running the application on Win SL runtime, no problems there.
    Besides that I'v scanned the network interfaces using nmap, the ports 4840 are open.
    At the moment I'm running out of ideas to do further analysis and find a solution for communicating with the OPCUA servers.
    Can anyone help me with this / Is there anyone out there experiencing the same problem?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-09-12

Hi,

This effect can occur if the hostnames of the Linux systems cannot be resolved by Windows via DNS. The GetEndpoints returns the URL with hostnames. If it cannot be resolved, then no connection is possible.
    Workaround(see screenshot):
    The network adapter is no longer configured under [CmpOPCUA], but under [CmpOPCUAServer].

BR
    Edwin

IMG: UA.png

• Liquidea - 2018-10-08

Hello Edwin,

It works perfectly!!
    Thanks for your reply.

BR
    Erwin