Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Opc doesn’t work with codesys v3.5.13

2018-08-23
2019-10-22
  • Peter.skokanek - 2018-08-23

I have project created under v3.5.12 for Raspberry.After updating to 3.5.13 doesn’t work opc ua comunication between codesys program and python script. Do I need to do something with raspberry opc ua client?
    Peter

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-08-23

Hi Peter,
    Possible to send the projectarchive ans steps to repeat
    To CODESYS store .. my question- bug report?
    BR
    Edwin

• Peter.skokanek - 2018-08-30

Hi Edwin,
    Please see attached codesys project and simple python script. They work perfectly with v3.5.12 patch4, but if I update to v3.5.13 python script crashed by:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "readOPC.py", line 25, in <module>
    abcL = root.get_child(["0:Objects", "2:DeviceSet", "4:CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL", "4:Resources", "4:Application", "3:Programs", "4:VAROPC", "4:abcL"])
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/opcua/common/node.py", line 459, in get_child
    result.StatusCode.check()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/opcua/ua/uatypes.py", line 235, in check
    raise UaStatusCodeError(self.value)
    opcua.ua.uaerrors._auto.BadNoMatch: The requested operation has no match to return.(BadNoMatch)</module>

BR
    Peter

readOPC.py [1.26 KiB]

OPCUA_13.project [116.18 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-09-10

Hi,

You need to change the python script -> please use Resources 3 instead 4:

BR
    Edwin

PS: This was a bug in <3.5 SP13 have been solved for 3.5SP13
    'CmpOPCUAProviderIecVarAccess: Resources node returns wrong namespace for browsename while browsing'

IMG: Resources.png

• Araforn - 2019-10-12

Hi All,

I'm replying to this thread as I have exactly the same issue (almost).

I've recently upgraded my Version of raspian (buster) and ive also updated codesys to V3.5 SP15.

My Python OPCUA script no longer works. I've discovered this post but it looks like my browse path is fine?.
    Is there something I'm missing in the browse path In the new version again?.

this all worked fine in Raspian Stretch/Codesys 3.5.7.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul.

IMG: Pi Python OPC Error.PNG

• Araforn - 2019-10-13

Hi Edwin.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Unfortunately I have tried this again today but its still showing the same issues even with the example codesys project and example simple write python script.
    See attached.

Unless there is something broken with the newest version of python?. Raspian Buster has version 3.7.
    The error just looks like it no longer recognizes the browse paths so I'm finding it hard to determine where the issue is?.

IMG: Pi Python OPC Error Example.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-10-14

Hi,
    hm... I will check again.
    Maybe I could send out a release candidate for next version.
    BR
    Edwin

• Araforn - 2019-10-17

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    hm... I will check again.
    Maybe I could send out a release candidate for next version.
    BR
    Edwin

Thanks Edwin.

My current project relies heavily on the ability to write to the PLC using OPCUA so hopefully something can be recognized.
    For sure the script is making the connection to the OPCUA server, its only the browse paths are incorrect.

When using the example clients to browse the OPC server, the same errors occur.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-10-21

Hi,
    I have send out a release candidate to check if this will be solved
    with the new release.
    Feedback appreciated.

BR
    Edwin

• Araforn - 2019-10-22

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    I have send out a release candidate to check if this will be solved
    with the new release.
    Feedback appreciated.
    BR
    Edwin

Edwin,

I have received your instructions and updated my pi. Its now all working again!. Thank you kindly for your support on this.
    My project is back on track with the latest Raspian/Codesys/Python versions.

Thanks so much again!.

Best Regards,.

Paul.