Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS Control for BeagleBone SL use shared library

Anonymous
2018-07-23
2018-08-04
  • Anonymous - 2018-07-23

Originally created by: myemail for codesys

CodeSys 3.5.12
    Target: Beaglebone black with PicoScope 2000

I have .h and .so files for picoscope on Beaglebone black and want to use CODESYS to control the picoscope connected to beagleboneBlack. Is that possible? It seems I need to use "CODESYS Control for BeagleBone SL". What else do I need to have from Codesys?
    what I found online:
    1. "Creating and Linking External C Library Functions" v1.0 is a bit out of date.
    2. C-integration? Does Beaglebone has it? I have add "c implemented library" into my own library. But can not find out how to use them.
    3. "C code runtime component /toolkit" from the link below. looks like a solution for me but found no documents for it.
    l viewtopic.php?t=8422 l
    Should I wait for the workshop in Sep. to know if it is the right solution for my project?

I am new on Codesys and IEC61131-3, any input with details will be very appreciate!

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-07-23

What exactly are you trying to achieve, i.e. what is your project goal /intention?

• Anonymous - 2018-07-24

Aliazzz hat geschrieben:
    What exactly are you trying to achieve, i.e. what is your project goal /intention?

Thanks for the reply, Aliazzz!

The final system will use picoScope to measure something. it is conected to BBB and show the result on a touch sceen.
    So I need a application running on BBB to control and process the datas from picoscope.
    Now I am trying to use codesys to develope this application. The picoscope has driver for debian on BBB. But how to use
    it in codesys?

• Anonymous - 2018-07-26

I have put same question on CODESYS Store helpdek - 'my question'.
    No feedback at all like here...

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-07-26

Though it probably can work, I have no experience with an oscilloscope in combination with a PLC runtime.
    That said, I guess accessing the scope from within Codesys can (hopefully) be achieved by adding a serial device in codeys (i.e.) adding the usbdevice "port" into Codesys Config file like the following example.
    My suggestion would for you to find out how you can add USB COM access to Codesys;

cd etc/
    sudo nano CODESYSControl.cfg
    [SysCom] Linux.Devicefile=/dev/ttyAMA

However, I have got no clue on how you can read or control the device/channel/dac data. For such details you should study the device driver / use the C integration route. It is possible to integrate C code into Codesys. However C integration requires a license. For this I suggest contacting Codesys Sales directly.

Just tackle your problem one step at a time. I hope you will succeed and will share your adventures with us!

Good luck and let us know how you are doing with this.

Aliazzzz

• Anonymous - 2018-07-30

Thanks! Aliazzz,
    I have gotten answer from Codesys Support Team.

"it is not possible to include the .h or .so file direct to our runtime.
    The only way I see is that you create a own application with that files as an gateway and send the current values via SharedMemory or TCPIP to our runtime."

Hope this is helpful to peoples who have similar problem.

• aliazzz

aliazzz - 2018-08-04

I am glad it seems there is an alterrnative way via SharedMemory or TCPIP.
    There should be some demo projects via the Codesys store available that demonstrate this.

Good luck.