Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Softmotion RTE x64 Servo On Sync signal problem...

2018-07-03
2018-07-06
  • JamesPeng-TW - 2018-07-03

Hi,

We are trying to using Codesys softmotion rte to control delta CIA402 compatible drive.
    The Codesys setting as below shows EtherCAT task/ EtherCAT master/ drive and system error/alarm log.

The initializing of the slave seems OK but when we using PLCOpen MC_POWER function block to servo on the drive, there are alarms in Codesys system log and there is an error show on the drive. The drive says "sync. signal transmit too fast". BTW, we have monitor the system jitter, it is below 50us(+-25us).
    Is there expert from Codesys softmotion side could give us some parameter adjust recommendation/ direction? For sure, we would also ask support from Delta for this. We think it would be better to have some advice from both sides.
    Any comment is appreciated and thanks in advance.

OS environment: Win7 SP1 + Softmotion RTE V3 X64(3.5.12.40)

James

IMG: log.png

IMG: drive.png

IMG: EthercatMaster.png

IMG: task.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-07-04

Hi James,
    why using 500us Task but on the ethercat master you specif 1000us?
    This should be the same cycle time (would use 1000us)
    You need to check the emergency info in the log from the drive.

Please call the PLC_PRG where the moition fb's are calle in the EthercatMaster task context. (remove MainTask)

(maybe this is related to the cycle time)
    BR
    Edwin

• JamesPeng-TW - 2018-07-05

Hi Edwin~

Thanks for your advice and I also got some recommendation from delta automation. After doing some trial, finally...we could servo on the drive and move with simple postion command but the Sync 0 cycle was set up to 40ms(please check attached picture) => a crazy number, isn't it??? If we are running position cam or position gearing in this cycle setting, is that means every 40ms the slave driver could get the updated master driver position information and do the response? And if that is true, we could have 40ms position error depends on previous command speed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Please advice.

James

IMG: RunSetting.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-07-05

Hi,
    I agree Looks strange... could I get the ESI file of the drive?
    BR
    Edwin

• JamesPeng-TW - 2018-07-06

Hi Edwin~

Please check the attached file. If you find something wrong, please do not hesitate to share with me and thanks in advance.

James

ASDA2 E rev3.32.xml [177.73 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-07-06

Hi James,

I would use the default sync sttings then it should work.

For what reason you Change this to 10x?
    BR
    Edwin

IMG: default.png

• JamesPeng-TW - 2018-07-06

Hi Edwin,

The reason is the first post(top) here. When I try to using MC_POWER FB to servo on the driver, both of them shows an error message.

James