Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

HTML5-Canvas (IE 11.50 - version 11.192.16299.0)

dougrilee
2018-03-05
2023-08-17
  • dougrilee - 2018-03-05

Hello,

Trying to get a way to enable Canvas through my browser. This is a corporate policy or else I'd have them run Chrome but in this instance I will run into bigger barriers rather than solve the issue in IE. We deploy the code world-wide so many different corporate IT groups are involved. My understanding is that it should run with no issue in IE v11.

Error message in IE 11.

"Webvisu not supported due to missing browser feature HTML5-Canvas Webvisu not supported due to missing browser feature HTML5-Canvas'

Startup profile: ............................................................... CODESYS V3.5 SP12OS version: .................................................................... Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0.NET version: .................................................................. 4.0.30319.42000IE Browser.......................................................................IE 11.50 - version 11.192.16299.0

Kind Regards / Mit freundlichen GrΓΌssen,

Doug Rilee

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-03-06

Hi,
    guess you need to send a projectarchive where this happens... should work.
    BR
    Edwin

• dougrilee - 2018-03-12

Edwin,

Can you do a test email to my Liebherr account?

I think our emails are getting stuck somewhere in the line.

Kind regards,
    Douglas Rilee

e firstname.lastname@liebherr.com e

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-03-12

Hi Douglas,
    sorry for this, the CODESYS Store administration has
    send out new credentials to login for your account.
    This should work now.
    If not please let me know.

BR
    Edwin

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-03-12

Hi Douglas,

according to this request-
    guess if you use F12 to switch to 'Edge' mode this should work again.

BR
    Edwin

• dougrilee - 2018-03-14

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi Douglas,
    sorry for this, the CODESYS Store administration has
    send out new credentials to login for your account.
    This should work now.
    If not please let me know.
    BR
    Edwin

Thanks the CODESYS store is working again.

Still struggling with IE v11 though. This is occurring on multiple PC's here in the office. I want to try on a non-company PC but this is a very odd problem. I know a lot of people, especially in the development community do not use IE for good reasons. Unfortunately it is a policy here at my company.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-03-14

hi Doug,

but did you check this F12 trick?

BR
    Edwin

IMG: F12.jpg

• dougrilee - 2018-03-15

Interesting issue.

When I load a web page such as this forum and press F12 it'll show that the page is being displayed using the emulation of v11,
    but when I go to the webvisu page and press F12 is will show that the page is being displayed using V7 (which doesn't use Canvas).
    Is there a way to direct the web-visu and IE v11 (not Edge) to default the current browser emulation. It appears what somehow it thinks
    it needs to go to v7.

I have attached pictures to help explain.

Is there a way to force it to go to v9 or higher?

IMG: 03_15_07_20_04_Greenshot.jpg

IMG: 03_15_07_18_54_Greenshot.jpg

• dougrilee - 2018-03-15

Good morning again,

I believe I have found the solution. Not sure if will cause other issues however. Need to go to Compatibility View Settings and uncheck Display intranet sites in Compatibility View. Still not sure why CODESYS tell the browser that the compatible view is v7 instead of v9 or greater (they support Canvas).

IMG: 03_15_07_33_07_Compatibility_View_Settings.jpg