Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Parameters List not editable

Ciprian
2017-09-22
2020-07-31
  • Ciprian - 2017-09-22

Hi,

How can I edit the parameters of a library that is referenced in my library?

• Anonymous - 2017-09-24

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

In version 3 it is different than version 2 where you would just redefine the constant. You must open the library manager, open the library with the parameters, view the parameters. Now you can enter in your own value.

• Ciprian - 2017-09-26

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your answer. But this does not work. As you can see in the picture below I have referenced MyLib1 library in MyLib2 library and the parameters from MyLib1 are not editable. Maybe it's a bug or maybe this is how is supposed to work, could not find anything in the Online Help.

IMG: ParamList.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-09-26

Hi,
    you need to use the 'space key' on your Keyboard or make y double click by mouse
    this make the line editable.
    One mouse click is not enough
    BR
    Edwin

IMG: EditParameter.jpg

• Ciprian - 2017-09-26

Hi Edwin,

I know that this is how is supposed to work.

In your example the value column is flagged as editable. If you look in my example the value column is flagged as not editable and I don't understant why.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-09-26

Hi,
    my screenshot is from the project not from the library!
    Add the library to the project and edit the paramter in the project project which is using your library.
    Changing this in the library makes not really sense.
    Chaning parameters in an library (which is in another library) is not supported. (like in your screenshot)

BR
    Edwin

• Ciprian - 2017-09-27

Thank you for your answer!

Zitat:
    Changing this in the library makes not really sense.

Actually it makes sense, at least in my case. For example, in my library I have a referenced the MySQL library from Store and I can't change the maximum number of rows which is given as a Parameter, because Codesys does not allow me to edit parameters of a library referenced by another library. But if it can't be done then I will try to find another solution.

• stateflow - 2018-02-07

Zitat:
    Actually it makes sense, at least in my case. For example, in my library I have a referenced the MySQL library from Store and I can't change the maximum number of rows which is given as a Parameter, because Codesys does not allow me to edit parameters of a library referenced by another library. But if it can't be done then I will try to find another solution.

Hello Ciprian,

I just have the same issue with the not editable parameter list with using MySQL-Library in my own created library.
    Have you already found a possibility how to make the parameter list editable?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.

• hhuebner - 2019-06-19

Hello Edwin,

Dynamic memory management is prohibited in some applications.
    However, things like the size of arrays need to be customizable.
    Parameter lists are a useful way to do this.

This applies to the use of libraries in other libraries as well as in applications.
    The ability to change the values of parameter lists in these use cases would be very helpful:

1. Library development:
      Use of another library.

2. Application development:
      Use of a child library referenced in another library.
      Example:

Β  Β VAR
    Β  Β  Β  MyVar: NAMESPACE1.NAMESPACE2.FB_Pou;
    Β  Β END_VAR

Conclusion:
    Every library project and every application project should be able to change the values of parameter lists of the referenced libraries and their child libraries.

@Codesys: Is this extension conceivable? If impossible, what is the alternative?

Thanks a lot!

πŸ‘
  • zsoltfekete - 2020-07-31

Hi Everyone!

I know this is an old topic, but I still did not found any solution online.
    I had the same problem, and found out a quick and dirty solution for it.
    The problem's root is that the user is only able to change the parameters of the manually added libraries, but not the dependencies.

If the dependency is added manually too its parameter can be changed, and this also applies the effect on the original library.

I attached a simple example of this using WAGO libraries.

πŸ‘

Last edit: zsoltfekete 2020-07-31
  • Thomas - 2020-07-31

Hi,
    The parameter exist only one time on the PLC, but you can insert the lib as sublevel library "hundred" times. If you are able to edit the sublevel libraries you can not control witch parameter is set.

Therefore you can only edit the toplevel library.

Regards Thomas

πŸ‘