Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

bosch rexroth cs drive configuration error

daussiny
2017-08-30
2017-09-23
  • daussiny - 2017-08-30

I get an configuration error with bosch rexroth cs drive (HCS01.1E-W0003-A-02-B-ET-EC-NN-NN-NN-FW=)

I get an ethercat configuration error and it is probaly the IO mapping of the drive i made .
    attached jpg with my configuration .

I thought that bosch rexroth drives where supported , but that is only for sercos III , i think now and not for ethercat.
    I also get the remark when I add this drive.

can sombody please help me with the right mapping /configuration for this drive.

IMG: io mapping cs drive.jpg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-09-05

Hi,

hm... not really sure I would recommend to ask the bosch rexroth support according how to switch the Interface.

Usually to Change the drive to eathercat the following steps are needed:
    (not really sure if i had the same drive than yours which we had at that time)

1. power on the driver
    2. press the enter button once to enter the set mode
    3. Presse the up or down button until you reach the communication mode set, the default mode should be secoss
    4. Long press the enter button until the panel flash, then press up or down button until you reach Ethercat, press enter button to confirm
    5. Now the panel should show a waring the communication changed,please reboot
    6. Power off and powr on again

Then to use it with SoftMotion:

The drive does Modulo-Handling itself, which is something that our SoE driver does not support. Please change the position data format from “Modulo” to “Absolute”.
    (This corresponds to clearing the bit 7 of S-0-0076.)

Additionally, the maximum travel range should be set to 2^31-1 increments like this:
    (This corresponds to setting parameter S-0-0278, maximum travel range, to 2^31-1.)

With these settings, the drive should work fine with CODESYS SoftMotion.

IMG: IndraDrive1.jpg

IMG: IndraDrive2.jpg

• luphy001 - 2017-09-23

Exactly correct! We used Rexroth Driver with Codesys for servel projects now. BTW, you should notice the Homing method for this dirver

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    hm... not really sure I would recommend to ask the bosch rexroth support according how to switch the Interface.
    Usually to Change the drive to eathercat the following steps are needed:
    (not really sure if i had the same drive than yours which we had at that time)
    1. power on the driver
    2. press the enter button once to enter the set mode
    3. Presse the up or down button until you reach the communication mode set, the default mode should be secoss
    4. Long press the enter button until the panel flash, then press up or down button until you reach Ethercat, press enter button to confirm
    5. Now the panel should show a waring the communication changed,please reboot
    6. Power off and powr on again
    Then to use it with SoftMotion:
    The drive does Modulo-Handling itself, which is something that our SoE driver does not support. Please change the position data format from “Modulo” to “Absolute”.
    (This corresponds to clearing the bit 7 of S-0-0076.)
    Additionally, the maximum travel range should be set to 2^31-1 increments like this:
    (This corresponds to setting parameter S-0-0278, maximum travel range, to 2^31-1.)

With these settings, the drive should work fine with CODESYS SoftMotion.