Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Compare costum Data Type Error

lsislsis
2017-04-26
2017-05-11
  • lsislsis - 2017-04-26

After upgrade the development to V3.5.10.30 i take error when compare my costum data type:

[ERROR] CODESYS_V136_S351030: ACT_Fan_SETUP_CHECK Device: PLC Logic: Application: RECIPES_Handle: C0066: Cannot compare type 'FanIOSetType' with type 'FanIOSetType'

If i compare the data type variables one by one works but not when compare direct the data type.

Any help?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-27

Hi,
    sounds like an accidentally shown precompile error -
    Could you download the Project if you ignore this to the plc and this does work?
    BR
    Edwin

• lsislsis - 2017-05-02

IMG: Download.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-05-03

Hi,
    then you need to give us the code snipet or project where it does occure.

BR
    Edwin

• lsislsis - 2017-05-10

Any news?
    You think is better we stay with Development 3.5.9.50 until fount any solution?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-05-11

Hi,
    give me some time sorry, the workaround is for sure to switch back only the compiler version to 3.5SP9x
    and stay in current CODESYS version, but let us investigate the reason for this.

BR
    Edwin

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-05-11

Hello,
    this is an error in the older Versions 3.5.8.0 and3.5.9.0 do not Report an compile error even they should do:

Reason:
    CDS-29747: After thorough investigation we decided not to implement this feature:
    a typical structure contains gaps due to alignment reasons, those gaps are not initialized and do not have a predefined value and should not have a predefined value. Therefore it is not possible to compare structures with a memcmp-function that does not know the internal structure of a structure.
    The programmer write compare functions for those structures were the compare is needed.

BR
    Edwin

• lsislsis - 2017-05-11

That is very bad.
    Did you understand how much work we need to do if we want our customers to stay updated for all our projects?