Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Logging some variables to file

syoma
2017-03-31
2017-05-07
  • syoma - 2017-03-31

Hi there,
    I'm using RPI with Codesys and would like to know - is there any possibility to log the value of any variable to file, including some sort of timestamp. Is it possible without complex CSV or whatever file operations?

In my application I have a temperature sensor, which I want to log.

Thank you

• chris.beard - 2017-03-31

syoma hat geschrieben:
    Hi there,
    I'm using RPI with Codesys and would like to know - is there any possibility to log the value of any variable to file, including some sort of timestamp. Is it possible without complex CSV or whatever file operations?
    In my application I have a temperature sensor, which I want to log.
    Thank you

How long do you want to log the variable for and at what frequency?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• syoma - 2017-03-31

For example, I have a PID controller, running at 100ms rate. I want to capture transient process of about 20 seconds by logging temperature and controller output every 100ms to make offline analysis and calculate better tuning coefficients for it.

OK. In my opinion the best way to do it is still using the standard libraries in Codesys.

See this thread for a good explanation.

l viewtopic.php?t=7089 l

The oscat network library is the library you would need.

• Anonymous - 2017-05-07

Originally created by: Primitive Source

Hi, I am resurrecting this thread as I am having some issues with my CSV logging. I am using the CAA file library standard example for creating a CSV file, this works fine and this writes my string to a CSV file. The issue I am having is that rather than writing the string to the CSV file in a new line each time it is triggered to do so, it just overwrites the old data. I have opened the file in append mode and the last part of my string is '$R $N'. I am not sure where I am going wrong.

Does anyone know or have faced this issue before?