Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Modbus TCP - no values in BeagleBone IEC 61131-3 control engine

sailorXY
2016-12-12
2016-12-14
  • sailorXY - 2016-12-12

Hello Codesys Support,

I successfully enabled a beaglebone with BB-View 7" display as VISU server for a HOME-Automation environment. The codesys runtime is running and I can program PLC logic and VISU elements. Now I tried to connect the beaglebone to the WAGO PLCs running as home automation controller using Modbus TCP. I got it to the point, that the beaglebone sends a Modbus request to the WAGO and the WAGO (750-881) answers with the correct values, but in the PLC logic the values did not appear.

It seems to me, that there is a final misconfiguration within my Modbus-Slave settings - but I did not found it yet. May be you can help - I will provide my sample project and also a wireshark screenshot and mobus slave screenshot ...

thanks in advance
    Mario

IMG: visu plc modbus.JPG

IMG: wireshark.JPG

HolzHausVisu.project [228.81 KiB]

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-13

Hi,
    this 'light gray' values mean that you do not use the mapped variable in any POU of the project.
    Due performane reasons CODESYS does only updated values if the variables are really used. (This is fieldbus independet for all io's - not used io's are not needed to update)

How to come out from this situation.
    Either use the the mapped variable in a POU or change the setting to always update Enable 2 (maybe set this only in commissioning phase of your application)

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Enabled2.jpg

IMG: notupdated.jpg

• sailorXY - 2016-12-14

Hi Edwin,

thanks for your hint - that was the final misconfiguration - now it works. But I thought, that I used the variables - within the VISU-elements - but this seems to me is not enough to force the update.

best regards
    Mario