Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS EthernetIP function

FAPeter
2016-03-10
2016-03-22
  • FAPeter - 2016-03-10

Dear sir:

i used CODESYS EthernetIP SCAN (Master) connection with omron PLC based on the EthernetIP protoocl,

When i Configuration omron PLC CJ2 EDS file in my projetc , but i see the "connection path " is invalid,

Could you please help me? it is EDS file problem or master /slave problem ,i have no clue.

Thanks a lot !
    br,
    Peter

IMG: CODESYS SP8 ethernetIP with omron cj2m cpu32.jpg

• ikisshandball - 2016-03-15

Hello

With the information provided here, I will assume that the issue comes from the eds file.
    For me, the connection path is incorrect. It seems that the last segment is not complete. The ODVA provide a tool called EZ-EDS that can read and interpret the eds file. You can register here to download the tool
    https://secure.odva.org/forms/ez-eds.htm m

• FAPeter - 2016-03-17

Dear ikisshandball:

thanks , i will re check the omron CJ PLC EDS file issue .

other one quesition ,

Does the CODEYS Ethernet IP Driver Scanner (master ) driver have support
    CIP service -Explicit Messaging function or function block ?

Maybe I can change to use CIP service -Explicit Messaging like with omron CJ2 ethernet/IP PLC(omron support).

br,
    Peter

• FAPeter - 2016-03-22

Dear Sir :

Sorry for go back the topic ,

May i know if the codesys IDE can not use 3rd EDS file for Ethernet/IP tag mapping table,

How can i can connection with 3rd PLC ?

Can i use which function block for CIP service -Explicit Messaging to connection 3rd Ethernet PLC?

Thanks a lot !

BR,
    Peter