Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

*EXCEPTION* [ProsessorLoadWatchdog]

Gjemar
2016-03-07
2018-01-06
  • Gjemar - 2016-03-07

I have a problem, where my PLC stops, without any warnings and I get this message:

EXCEPTION [ProsessorLoadWatchdog] occured in:App=[all], Task=[all] Component: CmpIecTask

It's Control Win V3 versjon 3.5.6.10, running on a WM-Ware server.

It might be a coincidence (and a bit of luck), but it happens when the plant is not running, in the evening or night, at 23:09 or 01:09.

I was monitoring the CPU-usage for the server/process once when it happend, but there where no peaks or anything.

It looks for me that there is no good reason for this exception.

Does anyone have any hints on what I should look for to find the problem?

Are there any settings on how exeptions will be handled?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-03-08

Hi,

you find the Setting here:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\3S CODESYS\GatewayPLC\CODESYSControl.cfg"

[**CmpSchedule],,,ProcessorLoad.Maximum=99**

0 or 100 means disabled
    Control Win is not an realtime System and running on an virtual environment maybe makes this even worse.

So if you are sure there is no real program overload you could Play with this value.

BR
    Edwin

• Gjemar - 2018-01-04

After an upgrade to version 3.5.11.40 (64 bit development), these exceptions has returned.

I still use the 32-bit Control Win V3.

I now have this in C:\Program Files (x86)\3S CODESYS\GatewayPLC\CODESYSControl.cfg:

[CmpSchedule]
    ProcessorLoad.Enable=0
    ProcessorLoad.Maximum=0

I have tried with and without the .enable and with .Maximum=100, but it’s all the same.

I had some problems with the installation, so i uninstalled before the new installation. So my old settings was lost, but i think that was either only .Maximum=0 or .maximum=100. In the old version I got the PLC to not have these exceptions, after adding this setting to the CFG-file.

Is there any change in the behavior of this in the newer verions?

I need the PLC to run all the time or at least restarts itself if this happens. It is no problem if the scan time gets long once in a while, as long as it’s running.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-01-06

Hi,
    this should work by disabling it.. maybe you need to contact the support by the CODESYS store helpdesk

BR
    Edwin