Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Changing the Scaling of a softmotion drive in Codesys

2016-01-25
2019-02-08
  • Bobbypointe - 2016-01-25

Hi,
    I would like to be able to change all the scaling parameter of my softmotion drive in my Codesys project (in running mode, and not only config one).
    not only the inc/motor turns object, but also the gear ratio.
    I have an application where the same motor could be used on different station with different scaling.

I looked into the axis structure parameter and I only found the MSC_Changegearinratio block.
    Does someone know how to do this?

Thanks by advance

IMG: 2016

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-01-25

Hi,
    use SMC_ChangeGearingRatio
    and after that a SMC3_ReinitDrive...

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Ratio.jpg

• Bobbypointe - 2016-01-25

Hi thanks for the answer, but I already tried and it changed only a few parts of the config.
    Nominator is a dword and denominator a int!
    I need more.
    As you can see on the image of my first post, I would like it I change the values in the red square!
    Does someone know how to perform this?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-01-26

Example:

Axis.iRatioTechUnitsNum := Direction (+/-1) * motor turns * gear output turns (all left side) * units in application (all right side)
    Axis.iRatioTechUnitsDenom := increments * motor turns * gear output turns (all left side)

Note: These two values are mathematically reduced, e.g. if iRatoTechUnitsNum=10000 and dwRatioTechUnitsDenom = 200000, it will be…
    iRationTechUnitsNum=1 and dwRatiTechUnitsDenom=20

BR
    Edwin

IMG: Ratio.jpg

• drsumruay - 2019-02-07

Hi,
    Edwin
    Could you show me the result of Read Actual Axis.iRatioTechUnitsNum and Axis.dwRatioTechUnitsDenom on my project?
    Because I try to calculate with the same as your method but the result doesn't correct.

IMG: Untitled.png

IMG: Untitled.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-02-08

iRatioTechUnitsNum := -1 * 1 * 2 * 360 = 720
    dwRatioTechUnitsDenom := 262144 * 243 * 1 = 63700992

iRatioTechUnitsNum = 5
    dwRatioTechUnitsDenom = 442368

BR
    Edwin