Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SoftMotion Servo Example

kelad
2015-05-14
2021-05-09
  • kelad - 2015-05-14

Hi All,
    I have some SG90 9 g Micro Servo's which should rotate approximately 180 degrees (90 in each direction). I can get the servo to move ok with the supplied SFC, however i have some questions:

1) I cannot find the "SM Drive_Servo: Configuration" page to set the -ve/+ve limits which is shown in the docu, i can only find a "commissioning" section which says "This page is only available in online config mode" ?? See attachment.

2) At the moment i modify steps to move between absolute 90 deg/-90 deg, however the servo only physically moves 90 deg total, however when i monitor the actual value in codesys it moves betwen +90 / -90, its like the PWM scaling is out. From motor specs, Position "0" (1.5 ms pulse) is middle, "90" (~2ms pulse) is all the way to the right. "-90" (~1ms pulse) is all the way to the left.

Thanks for any tips.

IMG: Capture.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-05-14

Hi,
    would recommend to enable the configuration page you need to go to tools-options-device editor-> enable generic device Editor

the online config mode is to give the possibilty to move the drives - manual move for comissioning.
    See the screenshots how to enable and how to move the servo by this online configuration mode.

My experiance with these servos are that most of them do not move the range they should do,
    if they are specified with +/-90Β° we see very often only +/-65 or even less movement range.
    Maybe I'm wrong and this is only the case with my 3-4 different types I have used till now. (->most of them really cheap quality, obviously)

BR
    Edwin

IMG: OnlineConfigMode.jpg

IMG: OnlineConfigMode1.jpg

IMG: GenericDeviceConfig.jpg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-05-15

Hi,
    you are right seems to be a bug / feature what ever, we will fix/extend this to next version.
    BR
    Edwin

• allen00se - 2016-08-30

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    you are right seems to be a bug / feature what ever, we will fix/extend this to next version.
    BR
    Edwin

Did this bug/feature end up with a resolution? I am having issues with this as well.

• RaSchi - 2017-06-12

allen00se hat geschrieben:
    Did this bug/feature end up with a resolution? I am having issues with this as well.

How Long will it take to get the Problem fixed? Is there a little workaround for quick help available?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-06-13

Hi,
    3.5SP11 release... July.
    BR
    Edwin

• robvel - 2018-05-03

Hello, the problem is still in progress

servo motors do not rise above 60 degrees

I m using version v3.5 sp12

• yann2021 - 2021-05-09

Hello,
    Many thanks Edwin! Display the "hidden" parameters was the solution. I can now access to the parameters and I can adjust them!

Last edit: yann2021 2021-05-13