Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

problem with library

2015-01-29
2015-02-01
  • fixstuff555 - 2015-01-29

Hello,

I was able to get a version of the I2C slave driver running for my device, but I have a bit of an issue.

When I add another device, it deletes my library, and I have to add it back in.

After that, I have to exit the project, and then reload it, in order for it to recognize the driver library. Is this a known issue with the Codesys for the Pi? Perhaps I did not create the device config file correctly or save it in the right spot?

Any ideas?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-01-29

Hello,

which driver library exactly,
    could you attach your projectarchive?

BR
    Edwin

• fixstuff555 - 2015-01-30

Here is a link to the projectarchive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7507oxl5m72nat9/Proptest1_1-30-15.projectarchive?dl=0

Its 22MB. Not sure what your posting limits are. Tried to add it to the post but it dumped it.

Basically, what happens is that it will compile, and go online, and work just fine. When I go to add another device, say a Modbus or SPI device, it will remove the Fixstuff library, and subsequently not recognize the propi2c device and use in the code.

If I re-add the library, save it and exit and restart Codesys, I have both my library, and the new one, and it works fine.

Its very repeatable, which leads me to think its either something I have done wrong in say the device config file, or its a bug.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-01-30

Hi,
    there is a mismatch in the version between library and devicedescription see screenshot.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: RequiredLib.jpg

• fixstuff555 - 2015-02-01

thanks for finding that. It was driving me nuts.