Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

File read/write

2014-12-15
2015-02-02
  • urbanlarsson - 2014-12-15

Hi!

Can somebody give me a working example how to write 10 rows of text to a file
    and another example hopw to read back those 10 rows.

I wanna do some kind of settingsfile for my Project, and wanan retain the settings no matter what happens, powerfailure or new PLC-program download for example,
    an old-school settings.ini file

/U

• urbanlarsson - 2014-12-16

Of course its an option, but I don't need it to be that fancy

just want to save ten variables to a file, and on "first scan" read the variables from the file.

/U

• jzhvymetal - 2014-12-17

This is very easy with OsCat Network Library. Network Library has file system Function blocks.

There are include demo programs with the library. Here a link to latest version.

http://www.oscat.de/community/index.php ... g9460.html m

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-12-17

Hi,

thanks jzhvymetal, I would recommend to use the versions from CODESYS Store,
    namespaces are registered etc... and aditional advantage you get a notification in package manager if an update is availabe.

http://store.codesys.com/mixedsearch/mi ... duct_area=

OSCAT BASICOSCAT NETWORKOSCAT BUILDING

are available.

BR
    Edwin

• urbanlarsson - 2014-12-17

jzhvymetal; do you have any code-example that i can look at?

/U

• jzhvymetal - 2014-12-19

urbanlarsson,

I only have the structure text demo program that was included inside the library. I can attach them if you want. If you install the package you should be able to see them in the demo directory of the library.

Edwin Schwellinger
    I have updated the libraries can someone update the packages? Plus my network library uses the new CoDeSys 3 libraries. The latest are as follows:

Updated Network Library 1.30
    Updated Basic Library 3.33

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-12-19

Hi,
    you have updated the oscat libraries to where in the oscat forum or where could we find them?
    BR
    Edwin

• urbanlarsson - 2014-12-19

jzhvymetal, please post the demo for me.

• urbanlarsson - 2015-02-02

jzhvymetal, if you could, I'll gladly want you to post the demos.

Also, i downloaded the oscat files from codesys-store, and i got network v1.2.1 not 1.3 as you was speaking of?