Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Retrieving text from TextList.

XopHeT
2014-11-13
2018-02-21
  • XopHeT - 2014-11-13

Hello!
    Does anybody have an IDEA how could I retrieve text from TextList in my programm?
    I have a list, for example:
    0:a
    2:b
    54:c

i saw function DynamicTextGetText, but I have no idea how to use it. It always returns '';
    Thank you!

• XopHeT - 2014-11-18

up

• TimvH

TimvH - 2014-11-18

It returns nothing if no language has been selected yet.
    If you want to get the "default" text, then use:

VisuElems.cmpDynamictext.DynamicTextGetDefaultText(ADR(sTextList), ADR(sTextListID))^

If the user has selected a language, or if this is set in the application you can use:

VisuElems.cmpDynamictext.DynamicTextGetText(ADR(sTextList), ADR(sTextListID))^

What you can do is remember the latest selected language and load that at the start of the application.

// At start-up: initialise the actual language with the last selected language
    IF xInit THEN
    Β  Β visuElems.CURRENTLANGUAGE := gvlPersistent.sSelectedLanguage;
    Β  Β xInit := FALSE;
    END_IF
    // Remember the selected language (if it is changed it needs to be activated again during start-up)
    gvlPersistent.sSelectedLanguage := visuElems.CURRENTLANGUAGE;

• XopHeT - 2014-12-02

Thank you for your response!

• Anonymous - 2015-11-11

Originally created by: IC_Holtec

Does somebody have an programing example, how to use DynamicTextGetText, because it dont Work for me.

• lst-tech - 2018-02-16

Does anybody know, if it's possible to retrieve Text from enums with textlist Support? The data is also saved as .txt file, but in UTF-8 which doesn't work with "DynamicTextGetText" etc..

• e.kislov - 2018-02-17

lst_tech hat geschrieben:
    Does anybody know, if it's possible to retrieve Text from enums with textlist Support? The data is also saved as .txt file, but in UTF-8 which doesn't work with "DynamicTextGetText" etc..

Did you try to use "DynamicTextGetTextW"?

• lst-tech - 2018-02-21

Yes, I tried this one. The Problem is, that the file coding differs from "normal" text list (utf-8 / ANSI).
    It seems that UTF-8 isn't working with DynamicTextGet... My solution is to read it manually with FileOpen/FileGets (According to the CSV reader example).

Thanks for your support