Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Library for sending and receiving CAN Open SDO Messages.

Anonymous
2005-10-24
2005-11-02
  • Anonymous - 2005-10-24

Originally created by: jking222

I've done a fair amount of looking. Codesys doesn't seem to have a library that easily supports sending and receiving of SDO messages greater than 4 bytes.

Is this true, or is there a library I'm unaware of?

• spfeif - 2005-11-02

Yes that seems correct to me. I have a library that I assume is written by my PLC vendor that allows reading/writing segmented SDO's. I personally haven't tried them yet. I would be happy to share them with you if they work in your system but I would also assume that the library would be hardware independent. There are two separate function blocks SDO_READ_NET.lib and SDO_WRITE_NET.lib. One function block in each library. Now the only thing I would guess is if you already have a node configured via the 3S CANOpen Stack in the PLC configuration I am not confident that this block will send or receive anything because the CANOpen stack may interrupt it first? I don't have any documentation on the library. Let me know if you want to try it.