Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Adding a different brand module to existing modbus

HobbyCoder
2016-04-15
2017-04-30
  • HobbyCoder - 2016-04-15

Hi everybody.
    I'm new here and new to working in CoDeSys so I'm running into a few problems. Mostly I can solve them by googeling around but this one has me locked for days so I hope someone here can help me.

I'm working on an Overdigit WP240 PLC with CoDeSys 2.3 and I have 2 Overdigit IO modules connected on the Modbus. These were easy to configure in the 'Recources' tab under 'PLC Configuration'. I added a Modbus Master and then I can use the pulldown 'Append Subelement' to add a module.
    Obviously, only the Overdigit modules are listed there but now I need a 0-10V output, which Overdigit does not sell. So I bought a Renu FIOA-0402-U Modbus module and I'm now struggeling to add it.
    I did configure the RENU module to the correct baudrate, gave it a unique modbus address and connected it properly to the Modbus. I can also see the 'comm' light flashing on the module because data is transmitted over the modbus to and from the other modules.

Overdigit has included the MODBUS_lib.lib library and this includes the function 'MB_RTU_Wr_Single_Reg'
    The manual of the Renu IO module states that the 'MODBUS Tag.' for the output that I want to use is '40065' and I configured the Renu module to have Modbus address 5 so the I try:

MB_RTU_Wr_Single_Reg(Slave_Add := 5, Address := 40065, Value := 1000);

But this returns value 130, which is an error for 'timeout during master reception'

To Overdigit IO modules on the modbus work fine. But these are mapped using the PLC configuration and are refreshed by calling a FB called 'MB_RTU_IO_Update'

• Mohd Faisal - 2017-04-30

Hi there,

I am also having the same problem using the Overdigit WP240 PLC. I am trying to connect to an HMI (Wecon) and also remote IO (Yotta Control) but unsuccessful. I got the same result which is 130 (timeout during master reception).
    May I know did you find the solution? Do you mind sharing it?

Thanks