Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Use of the CPLCHandlerCallback

Anonymous
2012-02-06
2012-02-06
  • Anonymous - 2012-02-06

Originally created by: crthomas1234

When I am reading through the documentation for the PLC Handler, there is a derivative class for listening for any state change information from the PLC. However, the documentation does not provide any information on how to use this class. The documentation states that the PLCHandler state changes will call the Notify() method of the class.

What is the correct way to listen for these notification messages? Do I need to overload the class to create my own notification method? Since I am writing my application is Visual C++, I would like to create an event handler to raise an event on the Notify method.

Can you please provide any documentation or examples on how to use this class?

• Anonymous - 2012-02-06

Originally created by: crthomas1234

UPDATE:

So I found that you do need to overload the class as the Notify() and Destructor() methods are virtual. Then you can write your own code for the Nofity() method to handle whatever special cases you are looking for.

In the end, I think the best thing will be to create an event handler for my form control class to listen for Notify() events and then handle them as I need.