davidspall - 2011-05-04

I want to take a CoDeSys project developed on ENI to site where I do not have access to the ENI server but still want to make changes to the POU's and preserve version information.

How do I do this?

I thought I could check out all the POU's at work, edit them off the network on site and then check them back in again. But when I do this, I cant make any changes. To work on site, it looks like I have to go into the Project options and turn off the ENI connection which then allows me to edit the code. However when I then re-enable the ENI connection and try to check modified POU's in again, I cant do it. The only ENI database option I have is to select 'define' -- which clears all the version history!

I tried the above with my project as a test at work, and..... lost all my version history when I selected define! So... I got a backup of the database running connected ENI to it and opened it from ENI again everything appears fine in the project window until I try to check out any POU's. When I do this, ENI says the project or object could not be found! (yet a few seconds earlier I managed to retrieve all the POU's from the database!!)

Is this an ENI bug?

Note: I am using Subversion as my source code control database.