Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Start Control Win Softmotion Runtime

johnlee
2019-09-10
2023-08-23
  • johnlee - 2019-09-10

Hi All,

I had search thru the forum and can't find related topic so have to start a new thread.

Recently i had using the latest version Control Win (3.5.15.0), i try to switch on the Control Win Softmotion runtime via changing the CodesysControl.cfg. But it seems not working to me.

Does is have another way to do it?

Thank you
    John Lee

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-09-10

Hi John,

basically Control Win is not really capable du missing realtime capabilites for the real motion tasks.
    Only in few applications like pos control it makes sense to use Control Win ( prefered to use Control RTE)
    Anyway... you do not need to change things in the config file just start Control Win SoftMotion with:
    "C:\Program Files\3S CODESYS\GatewayPLC\CODESYSControlService.exe" -d "CODESYSSoftMotion.cfg"

BR
    Edwin

• johnlee - 2019-09-11

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for the answers. I just want to run it for study purpose.

Cause got customer want me to show how the CNC can be done via Codesys.

• johnlee - 2019-09-11

Hi Edwin,

I had follow your step

i get the screen as below

But when i do scan network it still will not able to show the softmotion runtime.

please kindly advice.

regards
    John Lee

IMG: CodesysSoftMotionNoRuntime.PNG

IMG: CodesysSoftMotion.PNG

• selcuke - 2020-03-27

Hi johnlee;
      try to find and download Codesys Softmotion win3 or Codesys softmotion win64. Then it will be ok.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-03-27

Hi,
    no, it is really included in the CODESYS Development systen no extra downoad is needed.
    So you start the correct plc? 64Bit SoftMotion Control Win Version?
    This plc need to be started not by the Tasktray.

BR
    Edwin

• hugob - 2023-08-23

Last edit: hugob 2023-08-23