CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 pm 

Hello!
I intend to use a Codesys 3.5 CLP and Softmotion to control a SEW Movidrive B driver by CanOpen or EtherCAT.

I know that the SEW driver does not support CIA DS402... they currently have Movidrive C, which supports, but in this application I have no choice... They also have MoviPLC, which is based on Codesys v2.3 and has the library PLCOpen and allows the control of the Movidrive B, but I can not use this PLC (limitations of the system).

I can add the ESI / EDS file and read / write PDO without problems, but the option to add the Generic Axis Softmotion does not appear. I know the reason thanks to a post from Edwin Schwellinger (thanks!).

Attachment:
Screenshot_2.png

My questions:
1. Is possible to implement an interface to the axis manually and use the PLCOpen fbs?
2. Is there any documentation that explains how to do this?
3. I would have some limitation (Not being able to use Gear, for example)?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

could you add the EDS file?
If this device is DS402 compliant you could try the generc DS402 Softmotion driver.
These drivers are all set by a paid service - to do this manually for this is not really possilble and recommended - no documentation etc
I would try to ask SEW if this is possible to use with CODESYS & SoftMotion.

BR
Edwin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:43 pm 

Hi Edwin,

Yes, I was able to add the EDS file (attached, FW_17). In the previous post is the MDX device in the tree, and has no option to add the Softmotion Generic Axis.

In the fieldbus manual there is a definition that the device has no DS402 implemented.
Attachment:
Screenshot_2.png

Attachment:
SEW_EDS-CO_MOVIDRIVE-B_V1-6.zip

I believe SEW shouldn't have any intention of developing the interface for DS402 for MoviB because of the new MoviC line. I will try to perform the control in PD and see if the response time meets my application.

Thank you so much for your time Edwin! \o_