Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Axis Group licence status is uninitialized

sven-p
2019-04-26
2019-04-27
  • sven-p - 2019-04-26

Hi,

maybe someone here can me help out a bit. Currently I am programming with an axis group and the gantry 3-axis kinematic. Everything worked well with the AxisGroup and virtual drives. Now I want to move to drives which are connected via ether cat. The ether cat drives worked well in the past (demo licence and simulation and with real drives) with other function blocks, but not with the axis group.

My concrete problem is:
    1. If I want to trigger the function block MC_GroupEnable, it stays in busy mode and never reaches the done state.
    2. On the screen of the axis Group the licence state is "Uninitialized" and not "error" or "demo" (or something else).
    3. This issue occurs only with ethercat drives, with virtual drives it is working fine.

Additional information:
    1. I tried it in simulation mode and with Codesys SoftMotion Win 64.
    2. It worked with simulation mode and the ethercat drives without axis group.

So my questions is:
    1. does someone had the same issue and knows how to solve it?
    2. Is it related to the licence and there is no demo mode for the softmotion robotics part (I guess there is a restriction on real drives)?

Thanks in advance
    Sven

IMG: axisgroupconfiguration.png

• sven-p - 2019-04-26

Hi,

I didn't figured out the root cause, but I got it working again. In the end even with a virtual drive it was not working. Somehow my project was broken I guess. The workaround was to create a new project with axis group and the corresponding drives. After that I copied the other stuff from the broken projekt to the new one. I hope this workaround helps to have at least a workaround. If someone knows the root cause, I am still interested in it

Best regards,
    Sven

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-04-27

Hi,
    if this occure again, check the plc logger for more information.
    BR
    Edwin