Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SMC_DI_GENERAL_COMMUNICATION_ERR

cookiy
2018-12-03
2019-01-21
  • cookiy - 2018-12-03

Hello everyone:
    Thanks for this, when I control motor with codesys 3.5.9,I get a question of "SMC_DI_GENERAL_COMMUNICATION_ERR" at the time of Initializaing the 402axis in sync period of 8ms. and I find that if I set the period less than 8ms, just as 7ms, all things is ok, but when I set this value more than 8ms,then I get this error in Initialization phase.
    Does anyboby have occured the same question?
    Thanks again.

• Omar Ampyx - 2018-12-07

Hi cookiy,

This is strange, I dont have a real answer but I would check the tasks' configurations. Is the initialization running under the fieldbus task? Or in a different one? I would prefer having everything running under the fieldbus task.

If fieldbus is Ethercat, are you using a distributed clock? Is this correctly set (also on the drive side).

Regards, Omar

• cookiy - 2019-01-21

Omar Ampyx hat geschrieben:
    Hi cookiy,
    This is strange, I dont have a real answer but I would check the tasks' configurations. Is the initialization running under the fieldbus task? Or in a different one? I would prefer having everything running under the fieldbus task.
    If fieldbus is Ethercat, are you using a distributed clock? Is this correctly set (also on the drive side).
    Regards, Omar

Thanks very much!
    Yes, the fieldbus is EtherCAT, what is so strange that it is ok in most time of getting up, but failed in startup occasionally